The Christmas Sitters | Blogmas Day 8

 It's Blogmas day 8!

I caught the tail-end of this movie last year and made a point of adding it to my list for this year - I felt the characters' chemistry immediately and was really excited to see the whole thing.

When their flight home is delayed, two parents hire incompatible babysitters (Tristin Mays and Nathan Owens) to look after their children.

I loved this movie!

Even from the beginning, the meet-cute of the main characters has been my favourite meet-cute of Blogmas 2022 so far. It gave us so much about the characters, and instantly established a chemistry between them.

The two main characters are really likeable individually, and as the movie goes on you are able to find likeable qualities in all of the characters - I didn't like the children or their parents at first, but they all grew on me by the end.

Not only does the film get you in the mood for Christmas, but hearing about the characters' traditions makes you think about your own Christmas traditions.

I loved the cast, and feel that the story was told in a really interesting way. The characters and story itself are well written and fun to watch.

Even though it is predictable and we know exactly how it'll end, I was genuinely happy to see the characters finally get together - I'd actually watch a sequel that just focused on them because I loved them so much.

Overall, this is one of my favourites of Blogmas 2022 so far. I'd definitely recommend it even if you're not a fan of the usual Hallmark-type Christmas movie. Though be warned, it is definitely a Hallmark Christmas movie.


Originality - 4/10

Christmas Spirit - 8/10

Christmas Music - 6/10


It's 17 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 9!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review