Something From Tiffany's | Blogmas Day 24

 

It's Christmas Eve!

I left this film until last because it was the one I was most looking forward to seeing. I saw the trailer and was really intrigued by how the events would play out, and I was already a fan of the two main actors. Thankfully it was a great choice for Christmas Eve because it surpassed my expectations!

When two gift bags from Tiffany's get accidentally swapped, Rachel (Zoey Deutch) is given an engagement ring meant for someone else, and Ethan's (Kendrick Sampson) proposal is ruined. Can they swap back and each have the perfect Christmas, or was the swap a blessing in disguise?

I loved this film.

The concept in itself is fun and cute. It didn't have to be about Christmas and could cause a variety of different outcomes, making it more unique than the average Christmas movie.

I really liked all of the characters, whether they were main or supporting.

The film also stars Shay Mitchell, Ray Nicholson and Jojo T. Gibbs, but the standout performer, without a doubt, was Leah Jeffries who played Daisy. She was the best character, her relationship with Ethan was lovely to watch and she was perfect in the role.

The story is really engaging. So much so that it actually felt a lot shorter than it was - I remember looking up when there was half an hour left and being surprised that that's all there was. I could probably have watched another hour at that point.

The trailer of the film left me a bit apprehensive because it could have become really weird and adulterous, or the character's partners could have been painted as villains, but everything that happened was handled really well and was done in an interesting way.

I loved the two main characters together and apart, they were lovely to watch.

In the end, everything happens a bit too quickly and is wrapped up a bit too neatly, but it was so adorable that I just didn't care.

Overall, I'm really glad I ended Blogmas with this one. It's not particularly festive, but it's a unique, interesting story with adorable characters that's definitely worth watching.


Originality - 8/10

Christmas Spirit - 2/10

Christmas Music - 2/10


And that's another year of Blogmas done!

Have an amazing Christmas and I'll be back with another post on the 27th!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review