Christmas Time is Here | Blogmas Day 20

 

This movie became available on Netflix recently. The plot was quite generic in terms of Christmas movies, but it wasn't a plot I've reviewed for this year's Blogmas yet, so I added it in.

A realtor (Rukiya Bernard) falls for the property developer trying to buy her father's inn.

I didn't have particularly high hopes for this one, but it still didn't meet them.

All of the characters are likeable, particularly our two main characters, but I never really warmed to or liked them that much.

I noticed that there wasn't a lot of background music in the film, Christmassy or otherwise. This made some scenes feel a bit stilted and bland.

You know exactly where it's going from the first few moments. This isn't unusual with a Christmas movie like this, but the problem was that I didn't care enough about it to be interested in how it would end.

The characters (and actors) have good chemistry but the story is weak. It would be interesting to see how these two play off each other in a different setting.

Even though I knew they would, I never cared if the couple got together or not.

Overall, this film wasn't particularly festive or compelling, and by the end actually felt a bit boring. I probably wouldn't recommend it.


Originality - 4/10

Christmas Spirit - 3/10

Christmas Music - 4/10


It's 5 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 21!

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review