Godmothered | Blogmas Day 5

 It's Blogmas Day 5!

This is a movie that I found on Disney+, and I mainly picked it because the plot is completely different from most of the movies I'll be reviewing throughout Blogmas.

Eleanor (Jillian Bell), a fairy godmother-in-training tries to prove that the world still needs fairy godmothers by fulfilling the wish of 10-year-old Mackenzie, only to discover that Mackenzie is now a 40-year-old single mother (Isla Fisher)

I didn't love this film.

I did like that the plot was original. Throughout the movie it became a bit more conventional, but the overall concept is very different to the usual Hallmark-type Christmas movies.

The film is a lot longer than it needs to be. It slow-walks towards the main plot and never really picks up.

It's also a lot less magical than I expected, given that it's centred around the concept of a fairy godmother. It felt much closer to a family drama than a magical fairy-tale.

And as well as that, it's not really Christmassy. I had to check a couple of times to see if it was supposed to be a Christmas movie, and apparently it is.

I never really cared about the characters or their story. And while fully knowing that I'm not the film's target audience, it still felt a bit boring.

Overall, this didn't really feel like a Christmas movie, and it's probably not one that I'll watch again.


Originality - 8/10

Christmas Spirit - 3/10

Christmas Music - 2/10


It's 20 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 6!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review