The Princess Switch 3: Romancing the Star | Blogmas Day 5

 

It's Blogmas day 5!

These movies are now a tradition and I love it! I hope they keep making them for years to come!

In this third instalment of The Princess Switch, when a royal artefact is stolen, Margaret (Vanessa Hudgens) and Stacy (Vanessa Hudgens) team up with Margaret's cousin Fiona (Vanessa Hudgens) to get it back.

I look forward to seeing these characters every year.

This film sees Fiona take the spotlight, with Stacy and Margaret taking a backseat. While I was intrigued by this new direction, Fiona was never a character that I cared about in the previous movies, so I didn't love that the story focused on her rather than the characters that I had already grown to love.

The story itself is less compelling this time around. But because we are so familiar with this world, it doesn't matter that much what the story is.

The film could have been shorter, and the story could definitely have been a lot more fun. It started to drag on after a while.

It also doesn't really feel Christmassy. Yes, there is mention of Christmas, including a Christmas party, but that's about it.

It had a cute, heartwarming ending, but ultimately I wanted to see more from Stacy and Margaret, and their husbands.

Overall, this wasn't my favourite of the Princess Switch trilogy, but I would definitely watch a 4th instalment.


Originality - 8/10

Christmas Spirit - 3/10

Christmas Music - 2/10


It's 20 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 6!



Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review