A California Christmas | Blogmas Day 22

 

It's Blogmas day 22!

This is a Netflix movie, and I mainly picked it because I saw that there was a sequel coming out this year, and I thought it would be cool to review both of the movies one after the other. So tomorrow, I'll be reviewing the sequel.

A wealthy man (Josh Swicard) poses as a ranch hand to convince a farmer (Lauren Swicard) to sell her family's land.

The film has an interesting premise - however, it basically tells you exactly what's going to happen in the first 10 minutes - particularly what the act 3 conflict will be.

There were a few too many storylines. For only a small amount of characters, there is way too much happening.

The characters are all likeable enough that the film is somewhat entertaining even if you don't love the premise, or you find it too predictable (because it is very predictable). After a while I found myself watching just to see the characters finally get together.

Not only did I care about the two main characters while watching the film, but I also cared about the ranch, which kind of became a third main character in a weird way.

However, the biggest downfall of the movie, is that it is not a Christmas movie. Yes, there is a Christmas song or two, and yes that is a small party at the end with people wearing Christmas hats, but other than that, there is nothing about this film that is a Christmas movie.

Overall, this film isn't anything special, but interesting enough to be worth watching once. And you can watch it at any time of year, because it isn't a Christmas movie.


Originality - 3/10

Christmas Spirit - 1/10

Christmas Music - 2/10


It's 3 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 23 - my review of the sequel!



Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review