Office Christmas Party | Blogmas Day 2

 

It's Blogmas day 2!

This is a film that I have come across a lot over the years, but I’ve never actually been in the mood to watch it. But Blogmas this year seemed like a good opportunity.

An office Christmas party gets out of hand when a company tries to impress an important client. 

First of all, I really liked the premise. I love a Christmas rom-com, but it’s also nice to change things up. While there is some romance in this story, that’s not really what it’s about.

I enjoyed the mix of characters, even if they did feel quite 2-dimensional. Even the characters that were supposed to lead this story didn’t really have significant personalities.

Not only am I a fan of Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston individually, but I also love the movies that they’ve done together. They always have good chemistry, and I thought that the film missed a trick by not using their natural chemistry more to tell this story. They should have had more time together – especially because they were some of the only characters that actually had chemistry!

Speaking of things that were underused, this film had a really great comedic cast (including T.J Miller, Kate McKinnon, Jillian Bell, Vanessa Bayer and Olivia Munn) but the writing didn’t really do them justice. The story is quite generic, and so could have been told in a much more interesting way. It has all the ingredients to be fun and funny, but it’s neither.

The last half hour was the best part of the film by a mile. I actually quite liked the ending of the movie – I just didn't love how we got there.

Overall, this film won’t really get you in the Christmas spirit, and it’s not as fun or funny as it could have been.


Originality – 6/10

Christmas spirit – 2/10

Christmas Music – 2/10  


It’s 23 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 3!



Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'