Single All The Way | Blogmas Day 20

 

It's Blogmas day 20!

I added this film to my Netflix watchlist as soon as I was able to because I loved the concept. It wasn't completely original, but it looked like it would be a modern, fun watch - perfect for Blogmas!

After a break-up right before Christmas, Peter (Michael Urie) persuades his best friend Nick (Philemon Chambers) to go home with him for Christmas, posing as his boyfriend. But this gets complicated when Peter's family gets involved in his love life.

I really liked this film, though it wasn't what I thought.

At first, I assumed the movie would completely focus on fake dating, which would have been interesting (if a bit overdone), but actually, that doesn't really come to fruition at all, and I was pleased that the film went in a different direction.

I really loved the characters. Yes, Nick and Peter were great, but for me Peter's family was the best part of the film - I loved every one of them. Not only are they all well-written, three-dimensional and realistic characters, but they're effortlessly funny.

The story itself is great, and would work with any two characters. However, because Peter and Nick are such likeable characters, with obvious chemistry, it's just an added bonus that the story is great too.

This is the first film of Blogmas that really made me think specifically about Christmas day. Most Blogmas films have us thinking about the Christmas period, but this one will make you want to be spending Christmas day with family (or found family), which makes it a great Chrismtas day movie.

It had a lovely ending. Of course you know what will happen, but that doesn't make it any less sweet.

Overall, I really liked this movie, and I'd definitely recommend it. Not only is it a good Christmas day movie, but it's also a movie you can watch during every Christmas period.


Originality - 6/10

Christmas Spirit - 6/10

Christmas Music - 6/10


It's 5 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 21!




Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'