Angel Falls: A Novel Holiday | Blogmas Day 14

It's Blogmas day 14!

I found this movie in Disney+ and picked it without realising that it's a sequel. I'm hoping that didn't matter too much, but maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I had seen the first film?

Hannah (Jen Lilley), a book editor, must work with her former rival, Ryan (Carlo Marks) to spark inspiration in a writer (Rachael Crawford).

As already stated, I didn't enjoy this film that much.

The film starts by trying to make the audience understand the backstory and relationship of these two characters, without giving us a chance to actually get to know the characters individually. As a result of that, I didn't really care about the characters.

I found it interesting that the main story (which wasn't about a romantic relationship) was so heavily featured that at times it's easy to forget that this is either a Christmas movie, or a romance movie. I'm not sure if I liked that or not, but it's definitely unusual.

The two main characters have good chemistry, and they are believable as both rivals and partners.

The inevitable romantic relationship builds slowly, which is interesting to see, particularly in such a short film. However, when the film only had 33 minutes to go with nothing happening, I did wish the relationship developed faster.

The film in general moves quite slowly, and so it feels like you've been watching it for a lot longer than you have, particularly when your interest in the main plot fades (as mine did).

I haven't mentioned Angels yet, and that's because the film would have been exactly the same without them.

Overall, this is an okay Christmas movie. A bit slow, a bit boring, but if you're looking for something where the romance doesn't take up the whole plot, try this one.


Originality - 5/10

Christmas Spirit - 6/10

Christmas Music - 2/10


It's 11 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 15!


 

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review