Noelle | Blogmas Day 12

 

It's Blogmas day 12!

Blogmas day 12 is my birthday, so usually I try to watch something a bit special, but I've abandoned that for the last couple of years (other than this being my first Disney+ film review). However, it just so happened that Noelle has been my favourite film of Blogmas so far!

After inheriting the mantle of Santa Claus, Nick Kringle (Bill Hader) takes a break from the North Pole. But when he doesn't return, it's up to his Christmas-loving sister, Noelle (Anna Kendrick), to bring him back.

As stated, I loved this film.

For a start, it has a great cast. Other than Hader and Kendrick, the film also stars Shirley MacLaine, Billy Eichner, Julie Hagerty and Kingsley Ben-Adir, and all of the cast were perfect in their roles.

Speaking of the cast, the film had a great group of characters that were really fun to watch. 

The premise was interesting and unique, which was really nice after watching a lot of reality-based romantic Christmas movies (which I also love).

I didn't think I'd like the film that much when I started watching it, But I actually found myself becoming really invested. Even though the film was clearly aimed at children, that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Part of my love for this story came because I loved the character of Noelle so much. She is the perfect character to lead a Christmas movie.

The film mixes fantasy and modernity really well.

It was lovely and heartwarming from beginning to end.

Overall, this is an adorable, entertaining, heart-warming story for all ages. Definitely worth checking out if you have a Disney+ subscription.


Originality - 8/10

Christmas Spirit - 10/10

Christmas Music - 6/10


It's 13 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 13!



Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion