3 Month Favourites | October - December 2021

It's crazy to me that it's almost the end of the year!

Like last year, I'm uploading this 3 Month Favourites post, and tomorrow I'll upload a 2021 Favourites post, so I hope you enjoy this slightly shorter post!

Favourite Movie (1): Dear Evan Hansen


I saw this in the cinema when it first came out and instantly loved it. I then watched it again and loved it even more the second time around, so it's definitely a firm favourite. I didn't know much about the film before seeing it, but I already loved the soundtrack, so being able to see the songs sung in their intended context just made the soundtrack even better. You can check out my review of the film HERE.

Favourite Movie (2): The Nice Guys

This isn't a new film, but I only saw it for the first time in the last couple of months and just fell completely in love with it. It's about an enforcer and a private detective who team up to find a missing girl. The best thing about the film for me is the comedy, and the way that it is used to tell an interesting, dramatic story without turning the entire film into a comedy. Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling have great chemistry, and great comedic timing, and they are the reason that the film works as well as it does.

Favourite Film (3): The Guilty


You can read my full review of this film HERE. This film is on the list because of how it made me feel when I was watching it. It's not one that really stays with you, but in the moment, the film is exciting, thought-provoking and a genuinely interesting watch. I haven't had the chance to re-watch it yet, but I hope that the original excitement is still there once you know all the twists and turns.

Favourite TV Show (1): WandaVision

I only got Disney+ recently, so I am very late to all of the new Disney/Marvel shows. I started at the beginning with WandaVision, and it wasn't what I expected at all. Now, I wouldn't say that I loved the show, but I really liked the direction that it went in, and I liked the fact that Marvel and Disney took a risk to make something so unique. I have loved the character of Wanda since she first appeared in the MCU, and I thought that the best thing about the show was her arc and how she developed. Elizabeth Olsen played her so well, and I can't wait to see her in future Marvel projects.

Favourite TV Show (2): Two and a Half Men


I have loved this show for years. It hasn't aired anywhere in such a long time, so when all of the seasons came out on Amazon Prime Video, I immediately started binging them and remembering why I have loved this show so much. As far as sitcoms go, it's one of my all-time favourites.

Favourite Song: Classic Christmas Songs




Throughout December, like most people, I've been listening to a lot of Christmas music. And as much as I love modern Christmas songs, for some reason this year I have been obsessed with old classic Christmas songs. The ones I've linked here are 'Mistletoe and Wine', 'Lonely This Christmas', 'White Christmas' and 'Driving Home for Christmas', and I have had these songs on repeat!

Favourite Actor: Adam Driver


A couple of years ago I went through Adam Driver's filmography and became obsessed with him as an actor. For some reason last month I went around again and watched the films that I hadn't seen for a while, and fell in love with him as an actor all over again. My favourites include 'This Is Where I Leave You', 'BlackKklansman' and 'Marriage Story', but I haven't had a chance to see 'The Last Duel' or 'House of Gucci' yet. I'll probably be reviewing them at some point in the new year!

And those are my favourites from the last three months. Come back tomorrow for my, much longer, 2021 favourites!

Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'