A Christmas Comeback | Blogmas Day 9

 

It's Blogmas day 9!

I picked this movie for Blogmas because not only did it sound different from the usual Christmas movies, but it also heavily hinted at being a musical (or music themed), and I love a Christmas musical.

An estranged mother/daughter music duo, Bonnie Rose (Catherine Mary Stewart) and Ashlyn Rose (Beverley Mitchell) reunite after 10 years to release a Christmas single.

As I've already said, this story sounded different from the other Christmas movies that I've been watching, and it was. And while it does make it clear that there will be a romance or two within the movie, that's not what it focuses on.

My biggest problem with this film was that I didn't believe that our main characters were actually mother and daughter. They aren't believable, and their chemistry doesn't work.

Speaking of chemistry, there also wasn't really any chemistry between the main character (Ashlyn Rose) and her love interest. To be honest, his character could have been omitted entirely and it wouldn't really have changed the film.

I didn't really warm to, or enjoy watching, any of the characters.

Having said all of that, I picked this film for the music, and the music was the best part of it. It supported the film really well, and the actresses have great voices.

Overall, the music isn't enough to make this film good. I didn't particularly enjoy it, and the romances felt shoe-horned in - they didn't actually add anything to the story. There are definitely better Christmas movies to watch.


Originality - 5/10

Christmas Spirit - 5/10

Christmas Music - 8/10


It's 16 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 10!



Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'