The Polar Express | Blogmas Day 15

 

It's Blogmas day 15!

I picked this movie because, despite it being quite old now, I've never actually seen it. It's also the first (and probably the only) animated movie that I'll be reviewing this Blogmas.

A boy who has stopped believing in Santa Claus takes a trip to the North Pole on the Polar Express.

The first thing I'll say after watching this film is that I waited too long to see it, because I'm definitely not the target audience for it, and that definitely affected how I saw it.

Having said that, even before watching the film, this is such a lovely idea for a children's Christmas movie.

The film makes you want to re-capture the magic that Christmas had when you were a child. Not enough Christmas movies (particularly for adults) have that magic in them that Christmas had when we were younger.

Not only are the characters really sweet and well-written, but the voice cast was amazing.

As I said, I'm not the target audience, so there were parts of the film that lost my interest. For example, after the first 30-40 minutes on the train, or around the train, I was impatiently ready for the kids to actually get to the North Pole.

Having said that, the film is really creative, and it is made so well in terms of the animation. 

And the ending was lovely. In fact, I would say that the ending was my favourite part entirely.

Overall, this wasn't my favourite Christmas movie, but it was definitely worth watching, and I'd definitely recommend it (especially if you have children in your life that you can watch it with).


Originality - 9/10

Christmas Spirit - 8/10

Christmas Music - 4/10


It's 10 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 16!



Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion