Happy Death Day | Blogmas Day 12

Image result for happy death day

Hey Guys x

It felt really fitting to save this post until now! So, for those who don't know, here's a review of the movie Happy Death Day, from me, on my birthday! If you've seen the film, you'll know why that's significant!

Here's to 21!

I have such a love of horror movies. And as much as I love the paranormal, possession, 'conjuring' type ones, I also love a good slasher flick.

Well, this film takes the idea of a slasher flick, and turns it on it's head.

It's about a girl called Tree (Teresa) who wakes up on her birthday in a strange dorm room with a guy that she barely recognises. Anyway, she goes about her normal life, and at the end of the night, on the way out (or home, I'm not 100% sure, but it doesn't matter) she is killed. However, when she wakes up, she is back in that unfamiliar dorm room with that unfamiliar guy. At first, she thinks she's having deja vu. But when, at the end of the night, she is killed again, she begins to understand what is happening to her. Tree is being forced to relive this day over and over again, until she can find out exactly who wants to kill her. But can she figure it out before she dies for good? 

The first time seeing this film, there were plot holes that I couldn't get over. However, having seen is a second time, I do think it's a good film.

The character of Tree started off annoying. She was kind of like the typical 'mean girl', doing things that she wasn't supposed to do. But as time goes on, she becomes such a likeable character that you're definitely rooting for.

My favourite aspect of films like this is trying to figure out who the killer is. And for this film, they did it really well, because it was someone that I really didn't expect until the last possible moment. When the 'whodunnit' thing is done well, it makes for such a great film ending, as it did with this one.

The standout character for me was Carter, the guy whose room she kept waking up in. He was just so sweet and cute and lovely, and I for sure wanted to see more of him in the film. But this isn't me saying that he's not the killer - I'm definitely not giving that away!

But overall, it's a fun watch. It's fun to watch with other people and guess who the killer is, and when you discover everything at the end, it still leaves you thinking.

Overall, another success for Blumhouse, the best horror movie production company!

Have you seen this? Do you want to?

It's 13 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 13!

Comments

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have an amazing day. I watched this movie recently and I agree, it is a fun watch. I didn't like Tree that much at the start, but she definitely grew on me by the end xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And yeah, I completely agree xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

The YouTuber Book Rant!

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

8 Photos Of Happiness!

Book Review #125: Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood

Groundhog Day | 100 Movies Bucket List