Crimson Peak | Blogmas Day 10

Image result for crimson peak poster

Happy Blogmas day 10!

Today's movie review is, as you can see from the title and picture, Crimson Peak.

This film is about a girl called Edith. She's a writer, she's slightly naive, she lives solely with her father, and since she was young, she was able to see ghosts. It began when her mother died, and has followed her without her knowing it. She meets an English man called Thomas Sharpe, who she falls in love with, and he too falls in love with her. After the unexpected death of her father, she marries Sharpe and travels back to England, to live with him and his sister Lucille. However, when they get to their mansion, the ghosts of Edith's past returns. But do these ghosts have anything to do with her new husband?

I really enjoyed this film!

It stars Mia Wasikowska, Tom Hiddleston and Jessica Chastain and honestly, these three together are such an amazing combination, because they're all such talented actors.

I am such a lover of horror movies that I took a chance on this even though it's not the kind of horror that I'm usually into. But I'm so glad I did because it was so interesting. It's been labelled as 'Gothic Romance' and I think I have to agree with that label, because Gothic is a good way to describe this film. It's not your average horror movie.

The plot of the film was really interesting. Before watching, I decided not to read up about it, so I didn't really know what to expect. In particular, there was a twist in the film that I didn't really expect until just before it came out, and even then it was still a shock for me.

I really liked the characters of Edith and Thomas especially. Edith, as I said, is quite naive, but this doesn't mean that she won't stand up for herself. She knows what she's seeing, and she is firm when she realises that something sinister is happening in the house, which I really admired about her.

As for Thomas, he's a character that is flawed. He's the only character in the film who seems to have equal amounts of good and bad within him, which really made me warm to him as a character. You never quite know how to feel about him because as a character, he isn't black and white, and I love that. Tom Hiddleston did an amazing job playing him!

Overall, definitely check out this film! If you're a fan of Gothic romance, or horror, then you really won't be disappointed!

Have you seen this? What did you think of it?

It's 15 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 11!

Comments

Popular Posts

The YouTuber Book Rant!

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

8 Photos Of Happiness!

Groundhog Day | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #125: Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood