Rough Night | Blogmas Day 8

Image result for rough night poster

Happy Blogmas day 8 everyone!

So today's review is 'Rough Night', a film that I definitely don't think was publicised as much as it should have been, because I only remember seeing the trailer for the film once on TV and then heard nothing more until I got around to seeing it.

The film is about 5 women who have fun during an impromptu bachelorette party after one of them gets engaged. At first, the night goes well. However, when a stripper arrives at the door, one thing leads to another and he ends up hitting his head and being killed. So, what are the women going to do about the dead man in the living room? Who actually is the stripper? And, when all is said and done, will the wedding still go ahead?

I didn't expect to like this film.

I was writing something, and put it on for a bit of background noise, as I always tend to do when I'm writing after midnight and there's nothing good on TV. As I said, I had seen the trailer once and put it on on a whim, expecting to occasionally be entertained when I decided to look up every once in a while. However, I was pleasantly surprised.

The cast is great, an amazing group of women with great hidden (and some definitely not hidden!) comedic talents, which really took the film to another level for me. Just hearing the description, I would expect it to be 90% drama, but there was a hell of a lot of comedy!

This film surprised me in that, I really wanted to know what was going to happen. I wanted to know the truth about the stripper, and I wanted to see how it would end up, including whether or not the wedding would actually go ahead. For some reason, probably a good script and relatable characters, I really cared about what was happening on the screen. I really wanted these characters to end up happy, to get their lives on track, and I really liked each one.

Overall, I would definitely urge all of you to give this film a chance. It is something that you can put on in the background while you're doing other things, but if you get the chance, really take the time and watch it without any expectations. I loved it, and it's so great when a film takes you by surprise, as this one did.

What do you think of this film? Would you watch it?

It's 17 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 9!

Comments

  1. Is this a new film or has it been around for a while? I haven't heard of it before.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's relatively new, but it got so little promotion that I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List