The Impossible | Blogmas Day 18

Image result for the impossible poster

Happy Blogmas day 18!

Here's another film review for you all - The Impossible! But just a warning, this is not a lighthearted happy film, so maybe don't watch it if you don't want to cry over the festive season!

The film is about a family of 5, who go on holiday in Thailand for the Christmas holidays. However, the day after Christmas the family, and everyone else in the vicinity, are struck by the devastating blow of a tsunami. The family are torn apart and separated. Can they find their way back to each other before it's too late? Can they even survive?

I loved this film. it is based on the true story of a family that got caught up in the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, which makes the film so much more heartfelt and devastating.

I originally watched this film because Tom Holland, who plays Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, was in it. But honestly, I'm so glad that I watched it anyway because I think it's a film that everyone should watch at least once in their lives. It makes you think about your privilege, the fact that life is so freaking short, and the fact that natural disasters don't care where you live or how much money you have - everyone is in the same boat.

The acting in this film is phenomenal. All of the main characters in the film (Played by Naomi Watts, Ewan McGregor, Tom Holland, Samuel Joslin and Oaklee Prendergast) were all so amazing and at no point did I not believe their screams of terror or their tears of desperation.

As you can tell, it's a very upsetting movie. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, because it's just really sad. When I watched it, I was still crying well after the credits rolled and even thinking about specific things within the film makes me want to cry now, and I haven't seen it in a good few months.

The word that I came away with after watching this film was 'powerful'. It is powerful in every single sense of the word, and as I mentioned already, I think that everyone should see this film at least once, because the things that you take away from it last forever.

Have you seen this? Do you want to?

It's 7 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 19!

Comments

Popular Posts

The YouTuber Book Rant!

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Groundhog Day | 100 Movies Bucket List

8 Photos Of Happiness!

Book Review #125: Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood