Album Review: Ed Sheeran - X

 
I am a massive fan of Ed Sheeran!
 
I'm not sure when his album came out but I got it a few days ago and immediately wanted to do a song-by-song album review, so here it is!
 
Also, just to let you know, I'm reviewing the deluxe edition of the album, which has a few extra songs.
 
One
I love this song! When you listen to it turned up, it's like you can imagine watching Ed singing this song in a recording studio, which is amazing!
Favourite Lyric: 'You are the only one'
Rating: 7/10
 
I'm a Mess
My favourite thing about this song is the guitar in it. I assume Ed plays it himself, which is great! It's a simple melody, but mixed with his voice and lyrics, it's amazing!
Favourite lyric: 'Burns so bright I want to feel your love'
Rating: 8/10
 
Sing
This is the first upbeat one so far. Personally, I prefer Ed's slower songs, but this song has been playing on the radio so much recently that I have come to really like it!
Favourite lyric: 'Feel it rushing through you from your head to toe'
Rating: 6/10
 
Don't
Another upbeat song. On this song, Ed is rapping as well as singing, and the combination is great. I like the verses a lot more than
Favourite lyric: 'We drink away the days with a takeaway pizza'
Rating: 6/10
 
Nina
This is a weird one because it's slow, but he's still rapping. I don't know how he manages to keep the melody slow but he does it amazingly!
Favourite lyric: 'You don't even need to worry about your weight 'cos we can all be loved the way that God made us.
Rating: 7/10
 
Photograph
This is one of my favourites!  It's another slow one, and I think I love it because when I'm sitting in the car, I can imagine I'm in a movie, especially if it's raining!
Favourite lyric: 'You can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans ... You won't ever be alone'
Rating 9/10
 
Bloodstream
I love the fact that you can hear his voice really clearly in this song. It may sound like nothing, but with some artists, the music takes away from their voice, but this doesn't happen with Ed. Especially on this song!
Favourite lyric: 'So tell me when it kicks in'
Rating: 7/10
 
Tenerife Sea
Another of my favourites, I love this song! I also love the name of it, because for some reason, the song sounds completely different to how I expected it to sound!
Favourite lyric: 'You look so beautiful in this light'
Rating: 9/10
 
Runaway
The beginning of this song sounds so much like the beginning of 'Sing' to me. I think it's a bit upbeat for my taste but it's still a great song!
Favourite lyric: 'It could take a bit of time to heal this'
Rating: 6/10
 
The Man
In this song, Ed is literally just speaking. Not rapping, speaking. And it is amazing! The power of his voice just tells me that he was completely destined to do what he does now!
Favourite lyric: 'When I broke the industry, that's when I broke your heart'
Rating: 8/10
 
Thinking Out Loud
Without a doubt, not only my favourite song on this album, but the best song I've heard this month! Seriously, listen to this song and watch the music video, it is freaking amazing!
Favourite lyric: 'I'll be loving you 'til we're seventy'
Rating: 10/10!
 
Afire Love
This is such a lovely romantic song. Ed is the king of romantic music and this one is pretty close to the top of the list in terms of romance.
Favourite lyric: 'If you fell to your death today, I hope heaven is your resting place'
Rating: 8/10
 
Take It Back
An upbeat song that he raps in, that I completely love! I love his natural voice. I woke up singing this song this morning and I haven't stopped all day!
Favourite lyric: 'Come on and take it back for us'
Rating: 9/10
 
Shirtsleeves
A problem with the download has meant that I have only got half of this song. ITunes is currently solving the problem, but from what I've heard of this song, I really like it!
Favourite lyric: 'I'll wipe my shirtsleeve under your eye'
Rating: 7/10
 
Even My Dad Does Sometimes
I was listening to this song on the way to college yesterday, and after properly listening to the lyrics, I actually wanted to cry. It was just so emotional and just perfect. That's the word. Perfect.
Favourite lyric: 'It's alright to die because that's the only thing you haven't tried'
Rating: 9/10
 
I See Fire
This is the last song on the album. In the beginning of the song, he sings acapella before the music begins and I really think that this is needed, his voice is perfect for it!
Favourite lyric: 'I see fire inside the mountain'
Rating: 7/10
 
Thank you for reading
 
Comment below your favourite song on X!
 
 

Comments

  1. I love Shirtsleeves, Thinking Outloud, Don't and Sing from this album haha! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also loving this album!!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find out how to get involved by checking out my post http://catrionaaitken.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-liebster-award.html

    Keep blogging,

    Catriona xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'