My Blogging Motivation

In yesterday's post, I gave some blogging tips. But none of them matter if you have no motivation to blog.

We all have the days. Either we can't think of anything to write about, we have a topic but nothing worthwhile to say about it, or even the fact that the world of YouTube videos seems a lot more inviting than the white space of an unwritten blog post. All of these things are normal.

Obviously everyone loses motivation. The problem is when it doesn't come back. Some people lose so much motivation that they begin to doubt their ability to write their blog and begin to think of blogging as a job.

For most of us, blogging is not a job, it's a hobby. If you're forcing yourself to write unmotivated, then it will begin to feel like a job because you'll think that you have no choice.

Because I have lost motivation many times and got it back, I thought I'd show you what I do to stay motivated.

Write It Down

Whenever you have a good idea, write it down. Even if you abbreviate it, write it somewhere. If you are excited about the idea, seeing it written down will make it seem that much more real, and you'll be rushing to write it.

Read Blogs To Get Ideas

The best way to generate blog ideas is to read some of your favourite blogs and see the kind of things that they write about. You shouldn't directly copy their ideas but, when you read their posts, some ideas might pop into your head. And if all else fails, do a fun tag!

Plan Your Posts

If you have an idea, but aren't in the mood to type it onto blogger, get a piece of paper and a pen and plan it out. Draw where you'd have a picture and write notes about what you want to say. This may inspire you to write it out on blogger. And even if it doesn't, at least it will make I easier for you to actually write it, because you'll just be copying what you already came up with.

Take A Break

If you really are just unmotivated and feel as if you're drowning in your blog, take a break. Take a few days, go out and see friends, watch as many YouTube videos as you can and don't even think about your blog. With any luck, something you do will prompt something that you feel passionate enough to write about, and your motivation problem is solved.

Create A 'Positivity' Word Document

Let me explain what I mean by this. When I first started blogging, I was promoting my blog all the time (which I still am). Whenever anyone left me a really nice or positive comment about my blog, I would (and still do) copy and paste it into a word document. That way, when I'm feeling really unmotivated, reading all of the really nice messages about my blog makes me want to continue writing, no matter how I'm feeling at the time.

Thank you for reading

Comment below what keeps you motivated!

Comments

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quirky cute blog! Do you have a tumblr? if so what is it? I want to follow you :3

    http://xthelostangelx.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you xx
      I have one but I never use it, I don't really know how, sorry!
      You can follow me on twitter instead if you want? @louleecutie xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List