Tips For New Bloggers

I'm still a relatively new blogger, this is my 7th month of blogging.

But I know that so many people either don't know how to start a blog, or they need a few tips to help them with their blog.

This post is not going to be about being motivated to blog. Tomorrow, I am going to do a post about  being motivated and how I stay motivated when blogging. When it's written, I'll link it here so do check it out after you read this.

I don't know if my tips are going to be helpful or not, but I wanted to share a few things that I hope will make blogging, for you, a bit easier if you need a bit of help or guidance.

1. Write and save posts before you put them up

If you have a really good idea for a post, but you don't want to upload it on that specific day, then write it when you feel inspired and upload it whenever you want! I have started doing this recently. With my blog, I have specific days that I want to upload (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and either Saturday or Sunday), but these aren't necessarily the days that I feel inspired to write. When I feel inspired, I write. Then I upload the post on the nearest convenient upload day (i.e, Wednesday if it's a book review) because this way, I feel passionate about all of my posts.

2. Take the time to make your design perfect for you

For a lot of people, the design of their blog isn't that big a thing, but for even more people, I think it is. If you want to start a blog, one of the most fun things is to mess around with the design. But don't prolong writing posts  because you don't particularly like the design, that's what blogger templates are there for! When I started, I used a generic template and I was really happy with it. When I had been blogging for 6 months, I decided to change everything! I had a day off of school and I thought that it would be a good time to make some changes. I changed to a different template, then changed colours and fonts, and I'm even happier than I was 6 months ago! You won't get your perfect design overnight, but you'll always find something perfect for you.

3. Read and comment on other blogs

I assume that most people start a blog because they see other blogs that they like and want to do a similar thing. I hadn't read many blogs when I started writing this one, but I always knew that I wanted to blog. The best thing about blogging is reading and commenting on other blogs that you like. From my point of view a nice comment can really make my day, and I love to do this for other people. It makes you feel like you are part of a community and it makes you really love what you do!

4. Be yourself

I think I've said this so many times in different situations and it works for blogging too. Your blog should be an online extension of yourself, not a carbon copy of Zoella or Tanya Burr. If you want to be a beauty guru because you love fashion and make-up more than anything else, you go and do that. You'll probably be awesome at it! If you want to be a beauty guru because you see that the majority of (female) bloggers who are popular, have a few make-up tutorials or fashion ideas on their blogs, then this is a bad idea. If you're not passionate about that you're talking about, the people who come across your blog will see right through it and it will backfire on you. You're blog needs to be about you. No one else.

5. Love your blog

My last tip, is to love what you post and your blog. If, like me, you didn't make a blog to get followers, then my key tip is to love your blog. If you want to continue blogging, you have to be passionate about blogging. This will be further expressed  in tomorrow's post about motivation but, if you don't love what you're doing, then there is completely no point in doing it. Life's too short to make blogging feel like a job, just in case you get a few followers.

Thank you for reading. Good luck with your blogs!

Comment below a tip for a new blogger!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion