Making Baked Alaska!

 
I was going to call this post 'Baking Baked Alaska' but it just didn't sound right!

I'm writing another baking post! If nothing else, this blog is definitely encouraging me to bake more often!

I had never had Baked Alaska before making this, which I did on Thursday or Friday, and I will be making it again!

I love baking, but I don't think I'm very good at it. This dessert was not baked solo by me, but my mum and sister too. Also, we didn't make the sponge that goes into the dessert. We didn't have a lot of time and it was easier just to buy it.

I hope you enjoy seeing me make it, and I hope I give you inspiration to make it yourself!

Ingredients

3 egg whites
 
4 table spoons caster sugar

 
(Premade) Sponge Cake
 
 
Jam
 
 


Ice Cream
 
Measuring Spoons (Not necessarily needed but are so helpful when baking anything!)
 



Method
 
Cut off the top and sides of the sponge cake and place it on a baking tray, preferably with foil beneath it.
 

 
 
Put the egg whites in a bowl (being careful not to get any yolk or shell in them) and whisk them, adding in 2 table spoons of caster sugar. Keep whisking until they are fluffy and white.






 



 Spread the jam on the sponge cake (this makes it easier for the ice cream to stick to it)
 



 Cut the ice cream into equal pieces that cover the sponge cake


Cover the ice cream and cake in the egg whites. This is the meringue.





 
 

Put the dessert in the oven at around 200 degrees for 7 minutes.

 
 
Take out, eat and enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed this post! I also hope you try making this, let me know if you do!
 
Thank you for reading
 
Comment below your favourite dessert and what I should bake next!

Comments

  1. This cake looks so nice i really want to try and make this
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't even know you could make this thought it was just an ice cream flavour haha! Well done, so cool! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List