Book Review #32: Unsaid Things by McFly

Sorry this wasn't up yesterday, I've been really sick for the past few days!

 
I completely love McFly, seriously. I have always been into BoyBands and they are no exception. I don't know what it is about them that attracted me to them in the first place, but I think it has to do with the fact that they play their own instruments and are such genuinely nice people. I was a fan of them before reading this book for the first time, but reading this confirmed my love for them.
 
As you can probably tell from the cover, this is an autobiography. It begins with each of the boys talking a bit about their childhoods, which I found really interesting because, as a fan, I never really knew about their childhoods, or their lives before 'McFly', before reading this book. It then goes into how they got together and what they did as a band. As in how they wrote songs and who had what role in the band. It explains how they got into relationships with Giovanna, Izzy, Georgia and Lara. I loved this part because, now, Giovanna and Tom, Izzy and Harry and Danny and Georgia are married, so it shows the way that the relationships developed. And as a lover of romance, this really made me happy! They then got into the subject of depression, which Tom and Dougie both went through in different ways, and how they are now overcoming this. Moving on to Strictly Come Dancing, Popstar to Operastar and 'I'm a Celebrity...' you can really see how they have grown up!
 
What was good?
I think the thing that I enjoyed the most about the book was that you can really see that they are genuinely great friends, which is why they have managed to stay together for 11 years! I just, from a fan's point of view, loved getting a new perspective on their lives and finding out so much more about them. Nothing is off limits with the book and I respect the fact that they are willing to share all of their darkest secrets with their fans, which I loved to read!
 
What was bad?
There was nothing that I didn't love about this book. However, if you're not a fan of McFly, then there really is no point in buying and reading this book, because it will mean nothing to you. But I guess the point of this book was for the fans only!
 
Overall
If you're a fan of McFly and haven't read this book, where have you been? This is the ultimate must-read for any and all McFly and McBusted fans, so really buy this if you haven't, you will not regret it!
 
Thank you for reading
Sorry it was short. As I said, I'm not feeling too well xx
 
Comment below your favourite autobiography!

Comments

  1. Think I've found the next book I want to read.... :D really nice post :) xx and thank you for your comment on my blog :)

    http://edoublemamurray.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bria, I have nominated you to take part in the Liebster award: http://ashleysantic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/last-tuesday-i-was-nominated-by-adele.html
    If you do take part tweet me a link I'd love to read it x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List