The Movie Tag! | Blogmas Day 19


Hey Guys x

So today's post is a movie tag!

I found this tag on a blog called 'Getting Through Anxiety', which you can see here!

Feel free to answer some of the questions in the comments below!

How often do you watch a movie?
When I'm not at uni, practically every day. When I am, at least twice or three times a week. Some days I re-watch old films that I love, but if I have time, I love to get stuck into a new film.

What movie genre are you particularly fond of?
Horrors. I love a good horror movie!

What was the last movie that you watched and hated?
I didn't finish it, but I wasn't particularly fond of the new Tarzan movie. I guess I expected it to be a live version of the Disney cartoon, but it wasn't at all!

What is your favourite movie of all time?
Back To The Future. I've said this so many times!

What is your favourite guilty pleasure movie?
I think mine is 'The Amityville Asylum'. This movie is generally known as being really shit, I haven't seen any positive reviews and it's not the greatest. But I don't know, there's something about it that I really love. I could honestly watch it over and over again even though it's crap!

What movie have you watched a million times already?
Apart from 'Back To The Future', probably Grease. I've seen it so many times but it never gets old!

Are you the type who watches a movie on it's first day of showing?
Definitely not. I hate it when the cinema is completely packed - I'd rather wait a week or two!

Do you use Fandango or do you pre-book movie tickets?
Neither! I don't even know what Fandango is!

Movie-house (cinema), blu ray or download?
I've done all three, blu ray the least often because they're really expensive! I usually either buy normal DVDs or download movies but for Marvel movies or others with big reputations, I go to the cinema.

How often do you go to the cinema to watch a movie?
As I said above, only for Marvel movies, and for movies that already have reputations, for example, the Fifty Shades trilogy. But if I have nothing to do and cash to spend, I do like to go to the cinema every once and a while.

What movies make you cry?
'My Sister's Keeper' and 'Do You Believe' are two movies that have me sobbing uncontrollably! If you haven't seen either of those, watch them!

Do you watch foreign films?
Not really. I remember seeing a Spanish film a few years ago when a friend was studying it, and it was quite good, even though I don't speak Spanish and there were no subtitles!

What are your favourite foreign films?
The Spanish film that I mentioned above, but I have no idea what it was called!

Who are your favourite directors?
Steven Spielberg, JJ Abrams, Joss Whedon and The Russo Brothers.

Are you particular with scores, soundtracks and music?
Not unless the film is a musical! I don't really mind that much, but good music really does make a film great in some cases!

What movie soundtracks can be found on your iPod?
The soundtracks of Grease and Hairspray, definitely!

Have you ever watched a movie in the cinema alone?
No, definitely not. I don't see the point in going on my own.

Is there a movie that has changed your perspective on life?
'Shelter' starring Anthony Mackie and Jennifer Connelly, definitely.

Your favourite comic book movie?
The Avengers, without a shadow of a doubt!

DC or Marvel movies?
Marvel every day! I haven't seen that many DC movies. I am excited to see Wonder Woman next year though!

What are the movies in the IMDB top 10 that you haven't watched?
It's easier to tell you that the only one that I HAD seen in the top 10 is '12 Angry Men'! It's a great film.

Do you read movie critic reviews before watching a film?
Sometimes, but I don't usually let that influence whether or not I watch the film. If I did, there are so many great films that I never would have watched!

What is the best movie adapted from a book?
The Fault in our Stars was quite good. Also in the vein of John Green, the 'Paper Towns' movie was better than the book! Also 'My Sister's Keeper' was amazing!

Do you watch the movie before reading the book or vice versa?
I don't think I've ever read a book after watching the movie! I always read the book before!

What is your favourite comedy movie?
Horrible Bosses

Drama Movie?
There are so many! Right now, probably The Judge

Western movie?
Does Brokeback Mountain count? If so, definitely this!

Romantic Comedy movie?
The Five-Year Engagement!

Horror movie?
I couldn't possibly pick, there are different categories of horror. Let me add a few subcategories:
Demonic Horror: Devil
Gore Horror: Saw (Any apart from 6!)
Comedy-Horror: Scary Movie (1 or 2)
Possessed Horror: The Conjuring
Psychological Horror: The Uninvited

Sports Movie?
I can't think of anything! I don't really watch Sports movies!

Sci-fi Movie?
The Avengers, Back to the Future or Star Trek!

Action Movie?
Right now, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (Because I watched it last night!)

War Movie?
Regeneration. I don't think I've seen any apart from this. Wait, does Captain America: The First Avenger count? If it does, then definitely this!

Who is your favourite movie couple?
Whenever I watch a film I definitely get addicted to the main couple. I don't think I could pick a favourite because there are so many that I love!

Any movie character you can relate to?
Maybe Bridget Jones, but I feel like everyone says that!

If you could only watch five movies for the rest of your life, what would they be?
The Avengers, Back to the Future, The Five-year engagement, Star Trek Beyond and Horrible Bosses.

Your least favourite movie of all time?
I have no idea! There are a few films that I've hated but I don't know which is my least favourite!

Have you ever watched a movie based on the lead actor/actress only?
I do this all the time! Most recently I've been watching Chris Pine's filmography because I love him, but thankfully his movies are really good so I don't mind!

What movie did you expect to be good, that failed you?
There was a movie I saw a while ago called 'Sick Boy' which had so much potential to be a really good horror, but it definitely didn't live up to this potential!

Favourite movie character of all time?
Captain America, probably.

Favourite movie villain?
Any Disney villain, they're all amazing!

Any movie sequel that you're still waiting to see?
If Doctor Strange counts as a Marvel sequel, then this! Also, Bad Neighbours 2 (or just 'Neighbours 2'), the first one was quite good, but I still haven't got around to seeing the second one yet!

Ever made a movie review?
Yes, loads, right here on the blog! I haven't done one for a while though!

Star Wars of Star Trek?
Star Trek, without a doubt, I love it so much! I know nothing of Star Wars at all.

Right now, think of any movie. What comes to mind?
Star Trek, because of the previous question!

Favourite movie lines?
'Are you out of your Vulcan mind?' - Star Trek '09
'That was a long pause' 'Like a fucking moment of silence' - Horrible Bosses 2
'Is everything a joke to you?' 'Funny things are' - The Avengers

TV series, books, computer games or movies in order of interest?
Movies, books, TV series, computer games, but I love them all a lot! And this list changes all the time depending on what I'm doing!

If your life was a movie, who would play you, who would be directing and what would the title be?
This is hard because my favourite directors direct fantastical things. I think it would be a comedy, Megan Good or Kat Graham would play me, I'd get the Russo Brothers (both or one, I don't really mind) to direct it and it would be called: 'The most ordinary things happen to the most ordinary of people' or something else completely mundane!

Thank you for reading! Answer some of these questions in the comments!

It's 6 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 20!

Comments

  1. Awesome post Lou!! I certainly love movies but wouldn't even be able to answer half of the questions you did. Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Merry Christmas to you too xx

      Delete
  2. Personally, I love to watch movies at home... I can snuggle up with a blanket and just relax more easily.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List