My 10 Favourite Movies | Blogmas Day 13

Hey Guys x

So, next up in my list of movie-based posts is my 10 Favourite Movies of all-time!

Of course, I'll probably change these favourites in a month, but right now, these seem like my all-time favourite movies, and I can't wait to share them with you!

The top 3 haven't changed from the last time I did this post, but all the others have! However, because they are my favourites, they are all movies that I talk about all the time anyway, so you could probably guess what they are!

10. About Time
Image result for about time poster

I love this movie! It's a romantic time-travel movie about a guy who finds out that he is able to time travel and change the past. He helps himself to meet his girlfriend, to marry her, to have children, and everything else that happens to them. It's such a great movie that will leave you just feeling nice and positive. Definitely a must-watch for everyone who likes a bit of romance!

9. Urban Legend
Image result for urban legend poster

This film came on television the other night, which is probably why it's still fresh in my mind as a favourite. Whenever people ask me to recommend a horror movie, this is always the first one that springs to mind because it's the most original one that I can think of while still being scary! It's about someone who kills people based on popular urban legends. It's such a great idea and the writer of the film carried it out really well. Overall, a very successful horror movie!

8. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Image result for the hunchback of notre dame poster

I am a Disney-Girl, but I would love this even if it wasn't a Disney movie. I have a crush on Quasimodo, I think he's incredible and I love him. This is a classic film that most people have seen, but if you haven't, it's about the life of deformed bell-ringer Quasimodo, and the way that his life changes after he meets gypsy dancer Esmeralda. An incredible film with a great message that everyone should watch!

7. The Five-Year Engagement
Image result for the five year engagement poster

There are just so many things about this film that make it amazing! It's about an engaged couple's journey down the aisle, but there are many twists and turns in store. Of course, because it stars Emily Blunt it was always going to be a favourite of mine, but even without Emily Blunt, it's such a good film! In my opinion, it's the definition of a rom-com, there's as many funny moments as there are romantic ones, which makes this such a fun movie!

6. Mamma Mia
Image result for mamma mia poster

Of course I had to include a musical at some point! I love the music of ABBA, so a film that incorporates that is automatically great in my book. I love the story in this film, a girl about to get married decides to invite her three potential fathers to her wedding. All of the songs were perfect for the moments that they happened in, everyone in the film was great and their voices were amazing, plus the cast were great! I love this film! If you ever need to be in a good mood, put this on!

5. The Adjustment Bureau
















I've only seen this film twice and it's already really high on this list because I have such an infinite love for it! It's about a guy who discovers that there are people who decide the way that our lives are going to go. And they're tasked with keeping him away from the woman he loves. It's an amazing concept and an amazing film that I think anyone could watch and love! Definitely watch this film if you haven't, you will not be disappointed!

4. Star Trek '09
















Of course Star Trek had to be in this list, I've been talking about it so much over the last few months! I am so glad that I was introduced to the first Star Trek film because all three of the films in the franchise are amazing! In addition to this, it reignited my childhood love for Chris Pine, so if nothing else, it's made me see what an amazing actor he is. But even so, it's an incredible, exciting film that had me on the edge of my seat, and that's the best kind of film! Even if you think you won't like Star Trek, give this film a chance because it's amazing!

3. Horrible Bosses
















Again, this is number three on my list. I re-watched it the other day and loved it just as much as I did the first time I saw it. It is just such a funny film, the funniest film that I've ever seen in my entire life, apart from the sequel, Horrible Bosses 2, which is also hilarious! If you need a good laugh and are over 15, watch this, you won't be able to hold in the laughter. Even when I think about certain lines in the film I start laughing! You will not be disappointed if you choose to watch this film, just make sure you're prepared to laugh until you cry!

2. The Avengers
















I'm not even saying much about this, because I talk about this movie all the time and I think I've already mentioned it once, if not more, during Blogmas. But just know that I love this movie and would encourage anyone to watch it!

1. Back to the Future
















My favourite film of all time, without a doubt, is Back to the Future. It's been my favourite film for so many years and it still is because there's nothing that's ever been able to beat it. It's a time-travel movie about a guy who accidentally goes back in time, stops his parents from meeting, and has to get them back together before he ceases to exist. It's a great concept that was fantastically carried out and I doubt anything will ever be able to top this.

Thank you for reading.

It's 12 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 14!

Comments

  1. I actually don't think I've watched the hunchback of notre dame... I need to though!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List