Movies That Changed Me | Blogmas Day 10

Hey Guys x

So, for today's movie-based post I thought I'd tell you about some of the movies that have helped shape the person that I am today.

I've picked 5 that I think pretty much represent me right now, so I hope you enjoy seeing which movies have shaped me!

The Avengers
















I've spoken about this movie so many times that you probably could have guessed that it would be the first thing on this list. However, it changed me when I first saw it, but it's also changed me very recently. It's one of the reasons that I now want to work behind the scenes of a movie and one day maybe a filmmaker. This film showed me how intense behind-the-scenes work can be, as well as how integral it is to a big movie like this, which is so interesting. This film and the following Marvel films have changed me in so many different ways, but the main one is definitely that it gave me a passion about film.

Shelter
Image result for shelter 2015

I saw this film at the beginning of this year and it just completely opened my eyes to some things that I don't even really think about. It's about two homeless people who fall in love and basically try to survive, and it's just such a powerful, poignant film that I would really recommend to everyone. It really made me think about homelessness in a different way and definitely allowed me to emphasise more with people from all walks of life, which I may not have done previous to seeing this movie.

Final Destination
Image result for final destination poster

I saw this film for the first time years and years ago. However, when I was first introduced to the Final Destination franchise, I hated it for the reason that - I hated horror movies! I can't believe that I'm the same person now who hated horror movies back then - now they're without a doubt my favourite thing to watch! Anyway, this film was my first real introduction to horrors and it has changed my life! This film is what first made me interested in the genre. It made me interested in what makes a horror, how you can write to build up tension, and most importantly, how I could be making these in the future!

Horrible Bosses
Image result for horrible bosses poster

I don't remember the first time I saw this film, but I do remember laughing like I'd never laughed before. This film is on the list because it, not only introduced me to comedy, but it showed me the sense of humour that I have. I'd never seen a film like it before that had made me laugh as much as it did, and I really loved it! Before this, I thought that comedies just weren't really my kind of film, because I'd never found one that I'd really liked. But after watching this, I realised that, in fact, I just hadn't watched any who played on the humour that I liked to watch. However, this did, in the best way possible, and I am so glad that I found it!

Star Trek Beyond
Image result for star trek beyond poster

This is the latest film to have changed me. Star Trek, the whole franchise, made me think deeply about film and filmmaking. But this film in particular made me think about costuming, make-up and behind-the-scenes stuff that the producers and director does. I really enjoyed watching the footage on the DVD which showed all the costuming, how long it takes, and how much effort goes in to making each and every set piece and costume design, and again, it makes me want to work behind the scenes on the film. And I am going to accomplish this... one day!

Thank you for reading

It's 15 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 11!

Comments

  1. I like the fact that in a couple of those movies I had to beg you to watch. Glad you enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched any of these movies before, but I do have the Avenger DVD so I want to watch that soon!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List