My Love of Film | Blogmas Day 2


Hey Guys x

Welcome to the second day of Blogmas, where I'm gonna talk about why I love film so much, and how I first fell in love with it.

Let's start with how.

In early April 2015, I went to see a film for a friend's birthday (The DUFF, for anyone interested). While we were watching the previews, I saw a trailer for a different film that I thought looked kind of interesting. It was called 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'

Anyway, I'm not going to speak too much about Marvel movies because I'm doing a whole post on them later in the month, but I saw the trailer for that film, became obsessed, and found a love of film.

I'd always liked to watch films when I was younger, doesn't everyone? But this was when I became interested in every part of the film, not just the plot and the actors.

I found a newfound respect for all the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes on, the writers, directors, special effects and everything!

Anyway, I then started to watch films more closely, major blockbusters, little independent films and youtube short films, all of which I have a deep love for.

Because of this, I found a passion.

I discovered how passionate I am about filmmaking.

I discovered that, if I don't write a book or become an author in the next 5 years, it's not the end of the world because writing isn't the only thing that I'm passionate about anymore.

I discovered that there's more to life than making money - that it's ok to find something you love first, then find a way to make money from it.

I discovered how much I'd love to work behind the scenes on a movie in the future, how much I'd love to do it right now!

I found different film genres that I became obsessed with, I found actors upon actors whose work I admire greatly.

And now I love all sides of filmmaking, and I definitely want to be able to do something in this field in the future!

Thank you for reading.

What are you passionate about? Comment below!

It's 23 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 3

Comments

  1. I absolutely love reading this! I'm so stupidly passionate about film and I don't know what I would do if I don't become a filmmaker. It's great seeing other people who are interested in the behind the scenes of film xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the fact that you're interested in film too! Maybe we could work together in the future xx

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to see people being passionate about something :)
    I've always loved writing and I think it's the most beautiful escape for my soul.
    Great post! :) I love the idea of blogmas!
    xx

    http://thedreamchaser13.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I completely agree with what you said about writing, I feel the same way xx

      Delete
  3. Aha you sound like my best friend. :P I really like the behind-the-scenes of films especially, however some people say it ruins the magic of the film. I really like it! :P It's brilliant that you're doing Blogmas, keep up the hard work!!
    I hope you have a nice day whatever you are up to,
    Lauren xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's so funny! Thanks Lauren xx

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful passion! My friend is obsessed with movies, but her dream is to become an actor!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'