5 Films You Haven't Heard Of! | Blogmas Day 23

Hey Guys x

I can't believe Blogmas is almost over!

I'm posting every day until the end of December anyway, but it's still weird to think that I've been doing Blogmas posts for 23 days already! I'm definitely giving myself a break in January!

This is also my last movie-based post in Blogmas, so thanks to everyone who's commented on them and liked them, maybe I'll do something similar next year?

Anyway, for today's post, I'm going to highlight some maybe lesser-known movies that you guys might not have heard of, that I think are really amazing and should be more popular!

I hope you enjoy this post!

The Loft
Image result for the loft

This film is incredible! It's a psychological thriller about 5 married guys who buy a loft apartment together so that they can keep secrets from their wives. However, one morning the 5 guys discover that a woman has been killed in their loft and handcuffed to the bed. They are the only ones that have keys, so, which one is the killer?
There are twists and turns around every corner. I thought I guessed the ending like three times and I was wrong each time! Definitely worth a watch!

Carriers
Image result for carriers movie

This film is quite old, but I only saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. It's about a group of friends who are trying to survive amidst the arrival of a deadly virus that's wiped out everyone they know.
It's a really good film and you really feel for the characters, hoping that they won't also be infected with the disease. It's not the best film in the world, but it more than makes up for that with the tension and excitement!

Raise Your Voice
Image result for raise your voice

I haven't seen this film in years, but I know that it's still as amazing as it was when I watched it years ago. It's about a girl called Terri who wants to be a singer. However, after a tragic event, her father doesn't want her to sing, and when she gets accepted into a prestigious music school, he doesn't want her to go. So she has to make the choice, does she live her life the way that her father wants her to, or does she follow her dreams?
Definitely watch this if you can because it's such a great film that you can watch over and over again!

Disturbia
Image result for disturbia movie

Here is another great thriller. Shia LaBeouf plays a boy who has lost his father, and who (for one reason or another) is on house arrest. He gets bored not being able to leave the house and decides to watch his neighbours. However, things get very sinister when he thinks that one of his neighbours is a murderer.
A great watch, really tense and exciting that you can't tear your eyes away from!

The Last King of Scotland
Image result for the last king of scotland

This film is, in a word, intense! It's a story about a fictional character (played by James McAvoy) who worked alongside Idi Amin, the real Ugandan president (played by Forest Whitaker). The film mixes facts about what Amin really did with fiction, and is successfully the scariest film I've ever seen, including all the horror movies that I watch on a near-daily basis. Definitely see this, everyone needs to watch this film!

Thank you for reading.

It's 2 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 24!

Comments

  1. Disturbia sounds really interesting!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List