My 20th Birthday! | Blogmas Day 12


Hey Guys x

It's my 20th Birthday!!

I am a 20 year old person - and that freaks me out. I started my blog when I was 17, and now I'm not even a teenager anymore!

I can't even handle the fact that I should be well into my adulting by now, I should be a fully grown adult and be doing all these adult things.

It's weird to think that I'm now in the same decade as all the YouTubers that I watch, because they always seemed so old and mature and their lives seemed light-years ahead of mine. But no, we're all in our 20s, going through life in the same way.

I don't think I'm like a normal 20 year old.

I don't go out and get drunk (I've never actually been drunk in my entire life, and to be honest that's not really something that I want to do, I don't see the appeal)

I don't work, of course this will change in the future so it's not that big of a thing, and I am trying to get work experience in the field of my choice, but it's still something that a lot of 20 year olds do that I don't.

I could probably think of a lot of things that separate me from most other people my age.

This year my birthday is, by choice, a quiet affair.

I went out for dinner on Saturday and today I'm just chilling, not really doing anything. And I do like it that way. I'm having a day to do nothing, to not worry about uni or going somewhere, to not have to think about writing essays or the marks on the essays that I've already written. I can read a book, I can write, I can watch as many horror movies as I can fit in - what better way is there to spend a birthday?

Thanks to you guys for sticking with me through my two previous birthdays, I hope I get to have many more birthday celebrations on the blog!

Thank you for reading.

It's 13 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 13!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you have had a great day. There's no rush to grow up, people change at different ages. Be proud of who you are because that's what makes you unique :) I really hope I can keep my blog going for as long as you have, well done! Gemma xx

    http://thecreativepalette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually totally get what you mean about the whole not being drunk thing. I turned 16 this year and pretty much everyone at school is partying and getting drunk... and then there's me who hasn't and never wants to have alcohol.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. I think getting drunk is overrated xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List