Book Review #39: Life With a Sprinkle Of Glitter by Louise Pentland



Hey Guys x

I can't believe this is my 40th book review! That's crazy!

Anyway, if you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know how much I love and am inspired by Louise Pentland, aka Sprinkle Of Glitter.

So you'd have thought I would have bought this book as soon as it came out.

However, as much as I'm on #TeamInternet, to buy all of their products you have to spend a lot of money! And I can't afford to spend bucket loads on them just because their YouTubers.

But Louise's was always at the top of my list, until I read amazon reviews that said that you shouldn't buy it if you've over 14. So I didn't. Then I thought: I love Louise, her videos cater to an older audience, why wouldn't her book?

So I took a chance and bought it - and I'm so happy I did!

Anyway, the book is about Louise and her life, but more than that, it has a lot of advice and helpful suggestions. The four main sections are 'Glitz', 'Create', 'Need To Knows' and 'All About Love'.

Here are some of my favourite pages:






For me, these quotes from Louise are so inspirational and really just make me feel warm and happy inside, especially when they come after a whole page of kind words and advice.

It's weird, just like with Carrie Fletcher's book 'All I Know Now', this book not only acts as a guide sprinkled with real-life stories, but it also comes across as advice from a friend or big sister, which I love.

Louise is doing amazing things this year, and this book is something that she should surely be proud of because it's an amazing accomplishment!

When I turned to the last page of the book, I had a weird feeling. I felt really sad that it was over, but happy that I had all the advice to see me through life, especially as I start uni in two weeks (eek!)

What was good?
Basically everything. This is without a doubt the best 'YouTuber' book that I've ever read (I don't count Carrie's book as a YouTuber book) and I will be re-reading it multiple times because it's amazing. Her advice is so helpful and you can tell that she just wants her viewers to feel confident and happy within themselves.

What was bad?
The only thing that I personally didn't like was that there were a few chapters that I couldn't really relate to at this time in my life (such as 'Bonding With Baby) but even so, they were interesting to read and I can go back to them when I'm ready for them!

Overall
I'm sure most of my readers already know/like Louise Pentland, but if you don't, I still encourage you to buy this book. The advice is so helpful (for girls and boys) and it's such a pretty book! Honestly, buy this book and you won't be disappointed!

Thank you for reading.

If you've read this book, comment below what you thought of it!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Loved this book review, Lou! Got to get my hand on Louise's new book - she's such a great role model!

    Girl Abroad
    http//www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely pages you shared!
    Check out my blog if you want: http://samanthas-littleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog post !! (as always! ) had a good read :D

    love it !!


    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great and honest review. I love that you are also a little bored or tired by all of the youtuber merchandise. I love Louise and Zoe so I also felt obligated to buy their things, but when I read reviews I waited. I will definitely buy this now :)

    Cylia - http://noshandchat.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I completely agree with you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion