DVD Cabinet Tour | A



Hey Guys x

Be prepared for a super-long post!

In my family, we have a thing for buying DVDs, as I suppose a lot of people do.

Over the years, we've built up quite a collection! And it's sort of become a passion of mine to buy and collect more.

When I finished my exams in June, I took all of the DVDs out and put them back in in alphabetical order, and I had a lot of fun doing it! (I don't care how sad that is)



I've been wanting to do a DVD cabinet tour for ages now, but I never got around to doing it, so I thought I'd do it for you today!

Of course, because I'm not the only person who lives in my house, some of the movies aren't mine and some of them I haven't seen. But for the ones that I have seen, I'll do a mini-review for you, that way you can see if you want to watch some of these movies yourself!

Obviously because there's so many DVDs I can only do some at a time, so today I'm going to show you half of the top shelf, which is the DVDs that begin with A!



I hope you enjoy seeing the fist shelf of my DVDs!


These are 4 movies that I haven't seen at all, so I don't know anything about them!

2012

This is a film about what would happen if the world were to end, like it was reportedly supposed to, in 2012. It's such a great film, especially for action lovers. I can watch this over and over again and the prospect of the world eventually ending can never get less scary!
Just to let you know in case this is appealing to you, I think it's coming on TV on channel 5 (or 4) this Sunday (20th September), so maybe wait for it to come on rather than buying it, in case it isn't your thing!

After Earth
 
This is a sci-fi film starring Will and Jaden Smith. I have seen this, and it wasn't really my thing. I didn't enjoy it at all, so much so that I don't really know what it's about! But from what I do know, the human race have abandoned the earth. A thousand years later, Will and Jaden (who play a father and son) mistakenly end up on the earth and have to... survive I guess? I don't really know what happens once they get to earth. If you've seen this and think I should give it another chance, please let me know in the comments!

After.Life

I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but this DVD is still in the packaging, so obviously I haven't seen it! But it's a 'psychological horror' about a woman who dies, but has not yet passed on to the other side. I can't wait to watch this film, I've had it for ages now! If you've seen it, let me know what you think!

Afflicted

From looking at the cover, you can tell that this is a horror movie! I've seen this, and it's ok. It's a bit weird. If you're not a fan of horror, you'll probably think it's too scary, but if you're a big fan of horror (like me!) then you'll probably think that it isn't scary enough! I'm not going to go too deep into it, but it's about two guys who are travelling and making a travel web-series (kind of like a YouTube series) when one of the boys becomes 'possessed' (obviously I can't say what's wrong with him in case you want to see it!). There's a lot of gore and a lot of vomiting, so proceed with caution!

Aliens In The Attic

This is such a great film. It's a teen film about a group of teenagers (all related) who discover that there are aliens living in their attic who can control the adults (aka, their parents). The teenagers have to get rid of the aliens without their parents finding out that there's anything going on. If you have nothing to do one day, watch this film! It's funny and entertaining, and can be watched with younger relatives!

'All About You' and 'Aliens versus Predator'

I put these two together because I haven't seen either of them and have no idea what they're about!

American Beauty and American Gangster

Two classics that I haven't seen! I don't even have anything to say about them because I have no idea what they're about!

American Pie (1&2)


Another classic that I haven't seen, but this one I know more about! It's about a group of boys who make a pact to lose their virginity before graduation. It looks really funny, and I don't know why I haven't seen it yet!

Anastasia

This is my favourite non-Disney film that I still class as a Disney film. It's about a girl called Anastasia who was separated from her family when she was young. Years later, two con-men find her, and decided that they want her to pretend to be a princess so that they can collect the reward by returning the 'long-lost' princess back to where she came from, not realising that Anastasia actually is the long lost princess! If that makes sense! It's a great film with some great songs, and should definitely be classed as a Disney film!

Annie

This is the 1999 version of Annie, which personally, I think is the best version! Annie is about an orphaned girl who wants to find her birth parents, and is one day taken in by a selfish billionaire. The songs alone make this movie worth watching, honestly, it's brilliant!

Anuvahood

This film stars and is directed by Adam Deacon. If you don't know him, he's famous for starring in 'urban' movies such as 'Kidulthood' and 'Adulthood' which are both amazing films which look at gang violence (among other things) in the UK. This film is kind of like a parody of both of those films, focusing on the life of struggling musician K and his friends. Honestly, you laugh from start to end watching this film, it's amazing! The only thing is, there's a few strong sexual refrences, so viewer discretion is advised if you're not into that. I'd also suggest not watching it at all if you're under 15!

Atlantis

This is the first Disney movie in this list, and I haven't seen it for years! All I can remember is that it's about this guy called Milo who discovers the world of Atlantis (is it under the sea? I can't remember!) and he falls in love with this girl. But it's classic Disney, so I'm sure it's awesome!

ATM

A horror movie that I absolutely love! It's about 3 work colleagues who are on the way home when they decide to stop at an ATM. In the UK, these are just on the street, but in America (or in this film anyway) it's in a small room called a vestibule. Anyway, when they try to leave, they see a guy standing outside, watching them. It's such a simple idea, but a great film! Even if you don't like horror, you might like this film!

The Attic

Another amazing horror movie! It's about a family who have moved into a new house, when weird things start happening. Why is it that no one ever thinks to check the attic? Well, in this film, they'll be happy that they didn't! If jump scares aren't your thing, stay well away from this movie! Otherwise, enjoy what is, for once, horror done right!

This is only half of the top shelf, the end of A.

I was going to put the B's in here too, but then this post would be soooooo long!

But I don't want to put the B's up on my regular upload day, as I already have a plan for Sunday.

So, I'm going to put up the B's tomorrow at 5.30, because the post is already written and I've worked hard on it, so I don't want to drag it out for too long, especially as we have the whole alphabet to get through!

So make sure you come back to my blog tomorrow at around 5.30 to see part two of the top shelf!

Thank you for reading.

Comment below which of these films you want to see! (And whether or not you want me to continue showing you my DVDs!)

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Nice idea, Lou! Different to a lot of blog posts I've read!
    Will definitely have to check out a few of these films :)

    Girl Abroad
    http//girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Was a good read. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post! I love movies, so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of these posts! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all them movies !!! nice picks !! great post :)



    Jadiee'sLittleBlog


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I never get bored of rearranging and sorting DVD's either! I still haven't seen 2012 and I really want to (along with a few others shown here!)

    Have a great day x
    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Definitely check them out! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh wow you have so many DVDs! I thought we were bad! And our collection is also in alphabetical order - well mostly! I can't say I've seen many of your A films other than American Pie 1&2 - how can you not have seen them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't know! I definitely need to watch them! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'