DVD Cabinet Tour | B



Hey Guys x

Yesterday, I uploaded the A's, as in, every DVD in the cabinet that begins with an A.

As I said yesterday, I wanted to do the whole top shelf in one post, but it would have been way too long, so I decided to break it up and upload the second half today!

I'm writing this post after just finishing the first half, which isn't yet uploaded, so I don't know whether you enjoyed seeing some of my DVDs or not, but I hope you did because you're reading this post too!

Anyway, before I start rambling, let's get on with the post!

I hope you enjoy seeing some more DVDs from my cabinet!

The Babadook

This is an Australian horror film about a little boy who finds a kids story, that isn't all it seems. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this film, not only was it not as scary as I thought it would be, but some parts of it didn't make sense. And in addition to that, the mother in the film was kind of abusive! I don't know if this was supposed to add to the story or not, but all it did was make me feel bad for the boy. If you watched it and liked it (or even understood it!) please let me know in the comments!

Baby Boom

I watched this when I was really young, but I don't really have any recollections of it! It's about a career-woman who inherits a baby, so I can guess that by the end she learns to love the baby as her own, but I can't say for sure because I have no idea! (That's also not a spoiler because it's a complete guess!)

Back To The Future (Trilogy) x2

There is a story as to why I have the trilogy twice. If you've been reading my blog, you may know that this trilogy is without a doubt my favourite film ever! Yes, all three are collectively my one favourite film! Anyway, when I was about 15/16, I was given the trilogy on the right and I was so happy and couldn't stop watching it. Then, I lost the third movie. I don't know what happened, but I lost it and to this day I still haven't found it. And there was no way I could watch the first two movies knowing that I had lost the third! So for my 17th birthday, I asked my mum to get me the trilogy (not telling her that I already had it!) and she did (on the left)! But even though I have all three movies in the new set, I can't bring myself to throw away the incomplete set on the right, so I just keep them together! Anyway, I think it goes without saying that I think you should all watch these films, because they're amazing!

Bad Teacher

A film starring both Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake should be amazing! And it also has the amazing Jason Segel (from 'How I Met Your Mother' among other things!) so again, it should have been amazing! Unfortunately, I thought it was just alright. I mean, I'll watch it again, but it didn't have me laughing all the way through and it's not something that I really recommend to people. If you've seen it and have a different opinion than I do, tell me about it!

Barbie: Swan Lake

I don't know if this is something that you already know about me or not, but it'll probably come as a surprise, I love Barbie. Yes, really. Both her movies and her stories, and the dolls and everything, inside I'm a 5 year old! Anyway, this is one of her best movies (I'm aware that I'm speaking as if Barbie is a real person, don't worry!) and I love to watch it. If you don't know, Barbie movies are basically all different types of movies (some well known, such as Rapunzel) where the main character is Barbie. Swan Lake is based on the Swan Lake ballet. I doubt if I recommend it, any of you will actually go out of your way to watch it, so I won't bother, but for me it's really sentimental and reminds me of my childhood, which is probably why I love it so much!

Bend It Like Beckham

I love this film so much, thinking about certain lines actually gives me goosebumps! I used to watch this all the time because I loved it so much, and I still love to watch it now! It's about a girl called Jess who is brought up in a traditional Indian household, who wants to play football, despite the fact that her parents want her to get married and have children right away. It's honestly such an amazing film, written and directed so well, and I know that it's now a musical! I really want to see it live! If you've seen it on the stage, please tell me if it was as amazing as I imagine it was!

The Best Man

This is an old film that I've only seen recently because my mum forced me to watch it! It's about a group of high-school friends who are reunited for the wedding of two of them, unaware that one of the friends, Harper, has written a tell-all book about their high-school days, which leads to disastrous results when a revealed secret threatens to destroy the happiness of the engaged couple. I really enjoyed this film, because it had just the right amount of drama and romance to really get you invested into the lives of the friends involved, and it really makes you want to watch the sequel! I've seen the sequel, 'The Best Man Holiday' and it's even better than the first one!

Blade
 
I haven't seen this, so I have nothing to say about whether it's good or not. I don't even know what it's about!

Bring It On

I haven't seen this for ages but it is such a feel-good film! It's about two cheerleading groups that are lead by Kirsten Dunst and Gabrielle Union, who are competing with each other to win a national title. However, when the group lead by Kirsten Dunst discover that they've actually been using a routine that they old leader stole from Gabrielle Union's group, they vow to win with an original routine. It's a really nice film and it really motivates you to fight for what you want, which I love!

Bringing Down The House
 
This is a comedy starring Steve Martin and Queen Latifah, who are both hilarious! It's about a father who wants to get back into the dating world. Meeting up with someone that he spoke to online, he sees that the woman that he thought was a lawyer was actually a wrongfully convicted felon who needs his help to clear her name. It's such a funny film and it's easy to watch and take in, which is why I love it!

'Brotherhood Of The Wolf' and 'Bones'


I don't know anything about these movies in the slightest! If you do, tell me about them!

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas


I haven't seen this yet, mainly because I've been told that if I watch it, I'll cry, and I know that I will! It's about an 8 year old German boy who befriends an 8 year old Jewish boy in Nazi Germany, and from what I've heard is such an amazing, powerful film! If you've seen it, let me know if it's as amazing as I've heard it is!

Bleeding House

This is one of the most interesting ideas for a horror film that I've ever seen. It's about a murderer, who I think is called Nick, who decides to go to a house and stay with the family, pretending that he has nowhere else to go. The family take pity on him and allow him to stay with them. However, throughout the movie, Nick learns that he is not the most dangerous person in that house. It's so interesting and I don't think that's ever been done before, where the criminal is not the person that we should be scared of. If you're a fan of horror, definitely check this out! (It's not that scary!)

The Blind Side

This is one of Mum's films that she hasn't successfully convinced me to watch, so I don't really know anything about it. I think it's a true story about a the upbringing of a guy who plays (American) football, as well as his adoption.

The Brady Bunch (Season 4)


I have a thing about the Brady Bunch, I love it so much! I know that it was only really relevant in my parent's childhoods but I don't care, I just love it! It's about a single father called Mike, who married a single mother called Carol, bringing them together with each of their three kids. I could be feeling a number of emotions and still enjoy watching a few episodes of this show, because it cheers you up if you're feeling down, and if you're in a good mood, it makes you even happier!

The Break-Up


This stars Jennifer Aniston, who I love so much! I think it was the first rom-com I saw, and it's about a couple who just can't seem to make their relationship work. If you're not into romantic comedies, then this definitely isn't for you, but if you are, definitely give it a chance!

Bridget Jones's Diary

This is such a classic film, and it's such a great film! Bridget Jones is a bit of all of us, the clumsy awkward person that we only let out when we're in the comfort of our own homes! I don't know how else to describe the film, other than to say that she has to choose between Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, and I mean, who wouldn't want to make that choice?? I know I would! (I love them both so much it's crazy!)

The Brothers

The last film in this post! The Brothers is about a group of men who are all in different romantic positions, all with varying levels of commitment. I really enjoyed this movie when I saw it because each of the characters are so relatable and it's nice to see a bit of yourself in all of the characters.

Congratulations! You've made it to the end of the two longest posts in history!

If you haven't seen the first half of this shelf, click here to see them, although beware that it's another long post!

I really enjoyed writing these DVD Cabinet Tour posts, so if you'd like to see C and beyond, please let me know!

Thank you for reading

Comment below which of these films you haven't seen, but you'd like to see!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Loving this little series of yours!

    Girl Abroad
    http//girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! I really liked Bad Teacher and the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and highly recommend it. It isn't one for a 'night-in' but a great film nonetheless!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely have to watch it! xx

      Delete
  3. What a selection and great post idea! :) I haven't seen the brothers but I would really like to.

    Cylia- http://noshandchat.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think Bad Teacher was as good as it could've been :) I loved the classic Barbie movies when I was growing up I think they were really underrated and the songs from them ( especially in The Princess and The Pauper , my favourite ) were really well written and sung :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Bad Teacher could have been a lot better! Yeah, they were really underrated! xx

      Delete
    2. Wow, my favorite of the Barbie movies is Princess and the Pauper too, the music is so good from it... I might have bought the music from it....

      http://samanthas-littleblog.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's quite a collection! love the movies you showed especially camp rock haha

    http://rachelkiml.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas is so beautiful!!!! <3

    http://livialinette.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to have to watch it! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes