DVD Cabinet Tour | C



Hey Guys x

I guess, because I've done two of these already, this post is kind of self explanatory, but in case you haven't read the first two posts (here and here) I'll explain what I'm doing.

Basically, I and my family kind of collect DVDs, so we have this huge cabinet filled with movies throughout the years. Because there's so much history there, I thought that it would be interesting to show you guys the DVDs that we have.

I also thought that, for the movies that I've seen, I'll do a mini-review, so you can see if you'd like to watch them too!

Anyway, let me get on with it!

The Cabin At Sorrow Creek

This is probably one of the only horror movies in the cabinet that I haven't seen yet, so I can't tell you whether it's good or bad. It's about a group of friends (2 sisters, one sister's boyfriend and the boyfriend's best friend) travel away from their busy lives in New York. However, a fishing accident leads them to find one of the most haunted places in America! I think it sounds great, but as I said, I haven't seen it yet!

Camp Rock

This film was one of the main films of my childhood, and if you grew up watching Disney Channel, it was probably one of yours too! It's about a group of talented teenage musicians who go to stay at Camp Rock to practice their talent. Mitchie is a girl working in the kitchen with her mother, who actually has an amazing voice! When teen idol Shane Gray hears her voice, he makes it his mission to discover who the voice belongs to... at all costs! I haven't seen it in ages but it was a great film!

Celebrity Juice - Too Juicy For TV

Celebrity Juice is a TV series in the UK. It's a panel show where the hosts make their celebrity guests do really weird, silly things. It's really funny and they always have really great guests! This DVD is some of their best bits and deleted scenes. But be warned, there's a lot of sexual content, among other things, that makes this not suitable for under 15s!

Changing Lanes

I don't know what this is about, however, it stars Ben Affleck and Samuel L Jackson so it can't be a bad film surely?

Changeling
 
I also haven't seen this, but I know quite a lot about it. It's a true story about a woman who's son goes missing, and it's set in 1928. Eventually, the police bring home a boy thought to be her son, but the woman knows that this stranger is not her son, and she fights as hard as she can to get him back to her. It's such a sad story, but so poignant and amazing!
 
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


This is not the classic film, but rather the Johnny Depp version, a remake of the Roald Dahl book of the same name. It's about a boy called Charlie who gets the chance to visit Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Personally, I like the original film better than this one, but this one is great all the same!

Charlie's Angels


I haven't seen this, and I don't really know what it's about, but Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu are amazing actresses, and having them all together in a film must be incredible!

The Color Purple

It's really weird to spell colour as color! This is an amazing film, completely amazing. It's about a girl called Celie who, when we first see her, is 14 and pregnant with her father's baby. We see Celie's life through 40 years and experience the abuse that she faces as she faces it, as well as looking at the racial segregation in America. Honestly, one of the most important films I've ever seen!

Collateral

I haven't seen this, but it stars Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. It's about a cab driver who finds himself held hostage by a killer who rides his cab. It's a thriller and it sounds really exciting!

A Cinderella Story

If you haven't seen this, where have you been? It's a modern day Cinderella story, starring Hillary Duff as a girl who's been talking to Chad Michael Murray online, only to discover that they go to school together and that he's the popular boy that always ignored her. Complete with evil step mother and 'ugly' step-sisters, this is a film that should not be missed! And please go and watch the trailer if you haven't seen it because my description doesn't do it justice!

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

This is a classic, but I've seen it so long ago that I can't really remember anything about it other than the fact that there's a flying car!

The Children

This is a horror film with a twist, as it's about two families who go on holiday together, but rather than an adult being the killer, it's the children that these adults should be wary of! It's a great film, but a bit gory if you're not into that kind of thing!

Cheaper by the Dozen (1&2)

I love these movies! Their about a couple who has 12 kids, and all the different things that they get up to. These films are just so feel-good and funny, and I really enjoy seeing all of the different personalities of the kids. These films really just make me wish I grew up with a huge family!

Thank you for reading

Comment below which of these films you've seen!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Loved this so much! Great films x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice post. I haven't watched the color purple, but sounds bad already, but courage needs be to watch it. for Charlie's angels you've got to watch it, so much action, and so totally different from many a films, plus there's a 2. still waiting for 3, lolls. don't have to be done, but still waiting :). for Cinderella story, because of the original Cinderella, I ran away from watching that film, so maybe shall watch from you've review. it was popular though. take care again. i love your series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Definitely watch A Cinderella Story! xx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the Cheaper by the Dozen movies!! :D I think those are one of the few movies that I can watch on replay and not get tired of <3. I also really love A Cinderella Story <3

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a few of these, but I think my favourite is almost definitely Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'