How To | Unique Blog Header

Hey Guys x

When I changed up my blog design, a lot of you guys said that you wanted to see how I did it, so I thought I'd take some screenshots to show you exactly what I did, starting with my header!

Now, because I blog on blogger and have not bought a domain name, I am using the blogger template, having said that, I still managed to customise it a bit so it looks exactly the way I want it to look. But I'll show you how I did my background in another post.

However, my header was completely my own design, so I'll show you how I did that first!

My Header

Before I start, I did my header using a tutorial that I found on Abi's blog here!

But I'll break it down a bit more so that mine isn't completely the same, as some of the things that I did didn't come from Abi's post. I'm also not going to show my exact header design, I'll just make a sample one.

First of all, you need to use the website 'PicMonkey' (if you have a better one, let me know!) and click on 'collage'. Then click on 'collage with these' unless you have a picture already saved to your computer that you want to use for your header, in which case, click on 'Computer'. I'm assuming that you don't.
 

Once you do this, you'll be brought onto the page below. You need to click on layouts, then 'Ducks In A Row' which will be the first option. Then click on the three boxes shown by the second arrow. This then leaves you with a blank section with three boxes that is the right side for a blogger header.

Then you can press the little 'x's in the corner of each box to get rid of the boxes, so that you have the whole space to work with and your header isn't split into three sections!

Then, save this blank document to your computer (I named mine 'blank' so I'd remember what it was), close the picmonkey website and open it again, but rather than going to collage, go to edit and open your blank document from 'computer'.

When you open up your blank document, you'll have a bunch of new options to play around with for your header! I usually start with text first. Go to text and then you'll have a huge amount of fonts that you can use (although make sure that your viewers will be able to read it clearly). Click on 'Add Text' and then type in the name of your blog (or anything that you want your header to say!). You can then play around with the fonts, colours, sizes etc.
Then I add the little pictures. To do this, click on 'Overlays' which is the butterfly. You then have all of the different options of things that you can add. Then you can customise by changing the size, colour and other things!
 
Then, you can choose to add a background to your header, by clicking on texture and choosing from the amount available. I never have a texture because 1) I like my header to have the same background as the one on my blog, and 2) there's only a limited amount available.
 
To make your background transparent like mine, go to 'Basic Edits' at the top, click on canvas colour, and then there will be an option to make your canvas transparent. You'll know that it worked because the previously white background will know have grey boxes on it, which means that when it's on your blog, it'll be transparent.
 
The onto the final step! When you've perfected your header and it's exactly the way you want it, save it to your computer. Then go to your blog, click on layout, click on 'edit' in the header section, and upload the picture of your header. It also makes sense to tick the 'instead of title and description' option so that you don't have your header and your blog name overlapping each other!
 
 
And that's it, you now have an amazing header courtesy of PicMonkey!

Click on any of the pictures to make them bigger, so that you can see them properly!

I'll either put up a post about my blog background on Wednesday, or sometime next week, but I'll try to do it for Wednesday!

Thank you for reading.

Comment below what you want to put on your header!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Really good demo there!
    charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so helpful, thank you! When I get a few spare days I'll have a play with my blog! I like your design though, such a nice feel to your writing ☺️
    www.cainhelen.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently trying to style me blog to each season. e.g. Autumn right now, so this has definitely helped me and would love to see more posts like these in the future! :)

    Girl Abroad
    http//girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'