What Disney Means To Me

 
Hey guys x
 
This is probably one of the things that most of you know about me, aside from the fact that I love books. I am a complete Disney girl!
 
However, I've never really spoken about why I love Disney so much.
 
And, just to warn you in advance, this post is going to be a complete ramble because I'm tired, I'm slightly emotional (about to leave college, reflecting on the last 7 years, just hit 20,000 views) and this is just a topic that I really like to talk about!
 
Now, I am a romantic.
 
I always have been and I always will be - I can't imagine myself not believeing in true love or the possibility of a happily ever after.
 
But the first time that I ever saw a story of true love was in Disney.
 
I remember watching those old Disney movies like Cinderella and Snow White when I was really young, and all I wanted was to have a prince. But then again, I think this is what most girls want at a young age.
 
But as I grew, Disney also grew. And their love stories became a lot more realistic.
 
Suddenly, it wasn't about waking up one morning and finding a prince the next.
 
It was about independence, the ability to grow and change with or without a man by your side. The chance to figure out who you are before you've even thought about who someone else wants you to be.
 
This really hits home for me.
 
I don't really know who I am... yet.
 
I know what I like and dislike, I know what I want from life, but I have yet to figure out who I really am, as a person.
 
In a way, writing this blog is one thing that is helping me to figure this out. I post what I feel passionate about, and I'm literally learning about myself at the same time that you guys learn about me, which is really weird. I read over old posts and think 'I never realised that I thought that way', which is such a strange thing to think about yourself!
 
And I guess, seeing love in Disney has allowed me to figure out a bit who I am.
 
I'm a romantic. I love 'love' and everything to do with it. And as sad as this sounds, the only three things that I want from life are to write a book (preferably more than one!), find true love and have kids. That's literally all that I want!
 
And a large part of that is down to Disney.
 
I want to be able to write a story that makes someone feel the same way that I feel when I watch a Disney movie.
 
Not only to feel excited and hopeful, but I want my book to be packed with memories. I want someone a dust off a copy of my book in 20 years time and feel nostalgic because they read it during a tough time, or it reminds them of a happy memory or something.
 
I think everyone wants to make their mark on the world.
 
Well I don't know about the whole world, but Disney have certainly made their mark on me, and it's made me the person that I am right now.
 
I'm not optimistic, I'm not cynical, I'm not the most popular or the most confident person.
 
I read books, I watch movies that are aimed at 7 year olds, I live in a fantasy world because sometimes the real world is just a bit shit.
 
I make mistakes, I don't have big dreams, I'm not who everyone else thinks I should be.
 
I'm a Disney girl who reads too many romance novels and is so in love with the idea of love that it could potentially destroy me... but I don't care.
 
I'm getting emotional while writing this so I'm going to have to stop.
 
But Disney is probably my biggest passion. And I'll always be a Disney girl, because it will always be a part of me.
 
Thank you for reading this mess of words, I appreciate it!
 
Comment below what you're passionate about!
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. This is absolutely brilliant! I love it soooo much- you've written so well and so passionately. It genuinely sent little tingles of emotion down my spine reading it- truly beautiful <3

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, that means a lot xx

      Delete
  2. Aww this is such a cute post and you can tell you wrote it from the heart. I love learning this about you and all the reasons why you love Disney. I had a lot of fun reading this post xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Disney! and it's good to be passionate about something! Everyday you live and learn and thats the beauty of life, you never know what is going to be around the corner :)


    Tarnya // http://sweetalluree.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is honestly so sweet! I love Disney as well, it's probably what has made me a romantic too. I'm at the point in my life where I'm trying to figure out who I am as well so I completely understand where you are coming from. Personally I think you would write an amazing novel if given the chance to! You sound very passionate on your posts and I would enjoy reading what you have to say and would write about :D

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion