5 Films You Need To Watch!

Hey Guys x

Whenever I skip posting on Wednesdays I feel like it's been ages since I've written, even though it's only been like 4 days!

Anyway, I did a post called '5 Books You Need To Read' and some of you guys seemed to like it.

I wanted to do part two of that, but I didn't want to talk about books again. So the next obvious thing to go to was movies!

Films are another of my passions and I love when I can just sit down with no responsibility and watch a good movie, so I thought I'd recommend some of my favourites!

These are not in a particular order but I think that, from what I say about them, you can tell which are my favourites!

Grease



This is the first musical I ever saw and is still my favourite. If you haven't seen it, it's about a high school couple (called Danny and Sandy) and all the things that they go through to stay together. It's really fun and the songs are just amazing. Even if you haven't heard it, you've probably heard a song or two from the movie before. It's quite old, so don't expect it to have the best graphics or make the most sense in terms of the characters actions, but even so, I completely love it because it's such a feelgood film! Seriously, if you're just looking for something fun to chill out and watch, this is the film!

Urban Legend



Now, this is a horror movie, so you may not want to watch it, but I promise it's not as scary as other horror films that I have mentioned or reviewed. This film is, essentially, about a group of college students who have fun telling the stories of different urban legends that they've heard (such as the babysitter who gets killed by someone who has been calling her from inside the house!), which is fun, until they realise that someone on campus is recreating these urban legends, and killing people in the process! Seriously, if you're even a mild horror fan, watch this movie. It's chilling in a nice way and not to scary to watch when it gets dark!

Love Actually



This is a complete 360 degree turn from Urban Legend! This is the classic rom-com that everyone watches at christmas, but it's not just a christmas film. It's about a group of people who all fall in (and sometimes out of) love. They seem separate upon first glance, but somehow their lives are all interconnected. If you haven't seen this, you need to watch it! Even if you're not into all of that romance stuff, you won't be dissapointed!

Back To The Future



I actually have a list of favourite films, and this is my number one! It's been my favourite film trilogy since I was about 8 and, 10 years later, I have yet to lose my love for it. It is about a boy called Marty McFly who is friends with inventor/scientist Doc Emmet Brown. To cut a long story short (which i could discuss in minute detail) Doc invents a time machine, which causes 3 films worth of havoc! Throughout the trilogy they end up getting stuck in the past, go to the future, stuck in the Wild West, it's just completely crazy in the most amazing way! It doesn't matter what your favourite genre of movie is, take my advice and watch this!!

The Avengers

 
I only saw this for the first time two weeks ago and it is already number 2 in my list of favourite films! To be honest, I can't spend too much time explaining why I love it because it will take me hours and a lot of it will be boring for you to read. But literally, when I think about the film, I get little butterflies of excitement and I can't contain myself, which may sound really sad but to be honest, I don't care because it's the best feeling to have about a movie! If you're not familiar with the MARVEL cinematic universe, there are all of these superheroes (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow) who have previously been in their own MARVEL movies (which are completely separate from each other, but tend to feature some of the same characters). Anyway, this is the film where all of these heroes come together for the first time, and trust me when I say that it's completely EPIC! There's no limit to the amount of times that I can stress that you should all watch this film... but WATCH THIS FILM!!!
 
Those were 5 movies that I think you all should watch!
 
Thank you for reading
 
Comment below if you've seen any of these films and what you thought of them!
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I'm really not a film person (I only ever watch Disney animations and Star Wars ^.^) But I'm really trying to get into them recently because they're actually really good! I ADORE Love Actually and think I'm definitely going to check out Back to the Future <3

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm a total Disney girl too, but you have to check out back to the future! xx

      Delete
  2. I love Grease and Back to the Future!! I wish I would have seen Back to the Future earlier though, I just saw it for the first time last year and fell in love with it :'). I've ever seen Love Actually I always hear that it's really good. I tried to watch it one time but I wish someone would have told me about the nude sex scene at first haha, I mean it doesn't bother me or anything, I just wish I would have known about it so I wasn't taken by surprise when the scene came on haha. I'll have to give it another try though :D

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know what you mean! But definitely give it another try! xx

      Delete
  3. The only ones that I have seen are Grease and Avengers so I will defo check the others out!
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion