Baking Chocolate Muffins!


Hey Guys x

My family and I have been baking a lot more recently as my sister got a few bakery books for Christmas.

However, for my sister's birthday in April, she got a mixing bowl and an electric whisk. Together, they're kind of like a KitchenAid, which is really good for baking!

So yesterday we decided that we would make Chocolate muffins, and I think they came out really well!

So obviously, I took pictures so that I could share the recipes with you guys!

I hope you enjoy the recipe!

Ingredients

Two Eggs

120g Dark Chocolate

130g Plain Flour

2tsp Baking Powder

160g Unsalted Butter (melted)

200g Caster Sugar

160ml Whole Milk
 
Also, you'll need 50g Cocoa Powder, 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract and a pinch of salt.
 
 
The Method
 
First of all, preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
 
 Beat the flour and the eggs together until well combined. The recipe says that you should use an electric whisk but I'm sure that if you don't have one, you can just do it by hand.





In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
In a different bowl (a third) combine the milk and vanilla extract
Add each into the initial egg mixture little by little, also adding the melted butter, then beat together until all of the ingredients are combined.









 
 







 Roughly chop the dark chocolate, then add it into the mixture, stirring until it is evenly dispersed
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then spoon the mixture into paper cases (2/3 full) and put in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
 


(You might want to double the cases to make sure that they don't fall into each other, this is what I had to do!)
 
After 30 minutes, leave the muffins to cool. Then, enjoy!
 


 
Thank you for reading!
I assume this recipe is in a lot of bakery books, but this one came from the 'Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook'
 
If you make this, please let me know, I'd love to see pictures!
 
Comment below your favourite flavour of muffin!
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. These are the moments when you wish you could just reach into the computer screen and take one of those muffins! They look really good :)

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! Thank you xx

      Delete
  2. I really want a muffin now! Definitely want to try out this recipe, thanks for sharing it :)

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really good! i really want to try one now! definitely trying that recipe out! hope you're well,
    ~ basicallychloe xx
    Don't forget to smile! :) ~ x
    www.basicallychloe.blogspot.com x
    ~ check out my latest post? tysm bb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great post, must have been fun. Plus, they look so yummy. Take care, and thanks for your baking tips. So good to be able to try and make these foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, my fabs are white chocolate chucks, dried strawberry I guess and classic chocolate chucks. So yum and soft.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion