5 Books You Need To Read | Part 2

Hey Guys x

I did this back in April here and some of you guys liked seeing the books that I recommended.

So I thought that I'd do it again with another 5 of the best books that I've read!

I think I've reviewed most of these before, but it's either so long ago that you probably haven't read it, or if you haven't been reading my blog for that long, you'll have no idea I even like these books!

I'm hoping that some of the books I recommend are books that you haven't read, because it will give you more ideas of new things to read!

You're The One That I Want


This is the classic romantic love triangle. Two guys who have been best friends since forever, and a girl who they let into their gang back in primary school. But when both boys fell for the gorgeous Maddy, tensions begin to arise. And suddenly, it's years later and Maddy is standing at one end of the aisle in a white dress, wondering if she made the right decision. But when it comes to affairs of the heart, is one choice ever really better than the other?

This is an amazing book, especially if you're a romantic. I mean, there were some times when I wanted to kill Maddy for the decisions that she was making. However, that's what I think makes the book so great. Everyone can have a completely different opinion and still enjoy it. I cannot speak highly enough of this book. It's a great love story that I think many people would enjoy.

Fangirl


If you're a fangirl, you need to read this book! It is about a girl called Cath who, along with her twin sister Wren, has just started university. She is feeling more alone than ever, especially as she isn't rooming with her sister like she thought she'd be. So, instead of dealing with real life, Cath turns her attention to a fantasy world (based on Harry Potter) in which she writes fanfiction and has become anonymously famous. But as life takes a turn for the worst, Cath realises that she can no longer hide in a fantasy world. She needs to take control. She just doesn't know how.

I don't know if I've described that well, but it really is an amazing book. As a fangirl, I identified with Cath a lot and found similarities between her life and mine, which was really great to read. But more than that, Cath and Wren are just really relatable characters. I mean, there's always someone that wants to be free from their family and to have independence, and someone else who doesn't feel ready for that. If you've ever obsessed over anything, read this book!

Please Stop Laughing At Me


I don't speak about this book enough, but I'm going to be speaking about it a lot more because it's one of the most amazing books I've ever read. It's not a fiction novel, but rather the true story of Jodee Blanco's life, from childhood to adulthood. Jodee got bullied. Picked on, verbally and physically abused by people that she thought were friends. And when she told people what was happening, they told her that she should try to fit in or that she should see a shrink. Basically, that she was being bullied through her own actions.

This book hit me on so many levels. First of all, the victim-blaming that is so undercover that we might not even notice it. If someone is being bullied it isn't their fault. No matter what they've done or haven't done. And at the time when these events took place, it was really horrible for Jodee to be told that she was at fault, particularly as she was so young. If you've ever had any problems with bullying - or even if you haven't, this book can teach you so much about life and growing up. And it really embodies the phrase 'everything gets better'. Trust me, this is an amazing book that everyone needs to read. Everyone!

I've Got Your Number


Obviously Sophie Kinsella would have to be on this list! Poppy is just a normal girl who has just become engaged to Magnus, who is different to her in every way. So when she loses her engagement ring right before she meets his parents, everything seems to be going downhill, particularly when her phone gets stolen. However, she finds a new phone that had been thrown away in full working order, not knowing that the phone belonged to businessman Sam Roxton. As she meets Sam and her life begins to spiral out of control, everything that Poppy thought she wanted has changed. But will Poppy decide to take control of what she wants? Or will she continue to be the girl that everyone else wants her to be?

I think this is my favourite Sophie Kinsella book for many reasons. Poppy is just a really relatable character. She's certainly not perfect and sometimes she makes the most stupid decisions that have the worst consequences! But that's what makes her so likeable! She's like a best friend who's a bit ditzy, but that you can't help but love. If you're into the more unconventional love story, read this book!

Before I Die


The last book on the list! This book is about Tessa, a girl with cancer who knows that she hasn't got long left to live. But rather than lie in bed and cry about it, Tessa makes a life. A list of things to do before she dies. And together with her best friend, they decide to make this list a reality. And before she knows it, Tessa is doing things that she never imagined she'd do. And as she goes through the list, she realises how much more there is to life, than just waiting to die.

As it says on the front cover, this book is 'a book that will make you happy to be alive'. I can't explain too much without giving anything away, but it really makes you want to do something with your life. It's one of the most powerful books that I've ever read, and you should all read it too!

I hope you enjoy reading the books that I recommend!

Thank you for reading

Comment below some of your own book recommendations!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I read 'Fangirl' I think last summer and really enjoyed it. I'm interested to read 'You're the One that I Want' as well as I really like Giovanni Fletcher and have only read one of her books! 'Please Stop Laughing at Me' sounds fascinating as well, victim blaming is so horrible and such a problem.

    Amani x
    amanilyrical.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, but the book is amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to give some of these a try. You give such good descriptions! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the one that I want and Fangirl are both books I really want to read, but I've stopped myself from buying any more books until I've finished the ones I have bought at the moment!
    Lovely post!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've had to do that too! Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. I love Fangirl. I haven't read any of the others, they're on my list now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agh! I had fangirl but I didn't get to read it because I had to return it to the library but I am definitely going to be checking it out again. I also really want to check out "Please stop laughing at me", it sounds like a really good read. :) Thanks for sharing.

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should get back into reading, I absolutely love Gi fletcher so maybe I should start of with one of hers :) http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do, her books are great! xx

      Delete
  7. Hi loved your post. Wanted to know how you got ads on your blog, how did you get accepted for Adsense thanks xoxo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just signed up and within a few days, they accepted me. I can't give details in a comment, but you can email me (lous.world@hotmail.co.uk) to find out more. Thanks xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List