Why I Love Books


Sorry this wasn't up last night! By the time I finished writing it, it was way too late to upload it, so I decided to do it this morning instead. But you'll still get a post tomorrow evening as usual!

If you know anything about me, you know that I have a huge love and passion for books and reading.

But I assume that a lot of you don't really know why I love books so much, or why anyone loves books so much, as I know a lot of people that hate reading.

So I thought I would share some of these thoughts with you.

First of all, I love movies. To me, movies and books are interconnected, in the same way that music and lyrics are, which may seem a bit odd to you.

But in the same way that you can look at lyrics and make up a melody, I can look at words on a page and immediately see the scene in my head, as if I'm watching it in front of me.

In this way, books are even better than movies - because we choose what the characters look like and where the scenes are taking place.

However, this doesn't explain why I don't really like eBooks.

For me, there is no better feeling than starting a new book by opening up the first page, completely clean (when I say clean, I mean the pages aren't creased. I'm a page-folder so the pages are creased in every single book I own!) and ready for me to read. You don't really get this on an eBook. I've tried reading via an eReader but it just isn't the same.

I also love coming back to an old book and being dropped straight back where I left off. Unfolding the last page I read and getting an image of everything that I have already read in the past, making me excited to see how the book is going to end.

My favourite genre of book is romance, or chick-lit. This is because I love the 'happy ever after' that these books always end with. I love the scene when they first see the person that we all know they're going to fall in love with. That first spark of electricity, the first date, kiss, romance.

I think this is because I really want to have this romance one day, so it's really nice to imagine it by reading about it!

I could go on for ages, but I'm going to stop here. Just know that I love books so much! Literally, books are (one of) the only things that I need to be happy!

Thank you for reading

Comment below your favourite genre of book!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Really great post. My favourite is now lifestyle and for now, adventure stories. And you're correct with the imagination. I like books when you get 'in touch' in a way with the characters. It's sad sometimes, but i like when it may move on to the other characters to live on through them. Autobiographics are great too. Never thought I'd like them. Anyway, take care and hope to view more posts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely blog.... I have nominated you for the Liebster award you can read about in on my blog, the link is below. I hope you get the chance to do it because they are so lovely to read!



    http://sophiealiceinwonderlandxo.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'