A Year Of YouTubers!

Hey guys x

About a year ago, two of my friends started up a 'YouTube' club in our school every Thursday at lunchtimes.

I was not into Youtube or YouTubers at this time at all, but I went along to the club each week to support my friends.

And this decision was, without a doubt, one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

It's weird to think about how much YouTubers have impacted my life, and where I would be now if I hadn't ever discovered them. For example, I probably wouldn't be writing on this blog right now!

And since I started watching them, my tastes for them have also changed.

I started out by watching beauty gurus:
 
They were the most popular and they were who everyone was talking about, so I thought I'd check them out and see what all the fuss was about!
The first two I saw were Tanya Burr and Zoe Sugg. Although I wasn't into make-up or fashion (and I'm still not really), I really liked them, mainly because of their personalities rather than their popularity.
 
I then turned to vloggers:
 
I think Joe Sugg was the first person that I subscribed to (aside from Carrie Fletcher) because I just found him so funny. This was how I got into vloggers. I love the idea of these people making videos to make people smile and laugh, and as well as this, of course I was attracted to them. But I have never subscribed to anyone based on how they look, I really do think that everyone I subscribe to is talented and has something to offer the YouTube community.
 
And, of course I still watch all of these people and have been obsessed with them for a year. But now, I've also found the filmmakers.
 
 
I have to say that, this group of people are the most talented people on YouTube, if not some of the most talented people that I have ever heard of. Their films on YouTube are amazing and I literally love them so much! They have taught me that having a passion for something is so much more important than making money or getting views.
 
Also have to mention Carrie Fletcher and Louise Pentland:
 
These are my favourite women on YouTube and my two biggest inspirations in the entire world. If you don't know them, watch their videos and you'll see what I mean!
 
I guess I just wanted to see how much I've changed because of these people who put their lives on the internet. And I wouldn't change that for anything!
 
Thank you for reading
 
Comment below something that has helped shape who you are today!
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Its so cool that more and more people are being sucked into the world of YouTubers. I think we have basically the same taste in videos we watch haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie is also a massive inspirations and made me realise that some people do want to give support, time and effort just because they can x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god same I heart Zoe and Joe, I love beauty as well she inspires me.
    ellacrabb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have similar taste in youtubers, except I've never watched anyone in the film maker category, I'll have to check them out!
    http://newlittlethought.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'