If You're Not Smiling, What's The Point?

I said this to someone the other day (I can't remember who) and immediately noted it down to make a blog post out of it, just because it's a saying that I really love.

To me, this quote means, if you're doing something that you hate, stop doing it. If you're hanging out with people that don't make you smile, should you still be hanging out with them? If you're reading a book and struggling to get to the end, stop reading it.

Life is so freaking short. I mean, 100 years is the longest most of us can imagine living, and that isn't even really that long. But so many people don't even make it to 100. Imagine that. We have less than 100 years to make a name for ourselves in this world. And lets eliminate our first few years when we can't do much for ourselves. So say, we have between the ages of 10 and 80 (around) to make a lasting impression, to make our time on earth worth it.

That's not a lot of time. It really isn't.

Imagine looking back on your life after death (whether you believe in heaven or reincarnation or anything else). If you did, what would you see? Would you see all of the really happy memories that you've made? Time with your family and friends? Working on your blog/website/youtube channel? Or would you see something else?

Personally, I would see happy memories. Time with my family and friends, working on my blog, watching my favourite YouTubers, listening to my favourite music. But I would also see some things that aren't nice.

I would see a hell of a lot of worrying and anxiety. I would see a lot of tears. I would see too much caring about insignificant people, too much overthinking everything that could happen. I would see a lot of procrastination. Why try to write a book when you could be watching a YouTuber do something funny right?

I would also see too much time worrying about school. Not the lessons or teachers, but the judgement of my peers. Should I wear this today? I hate my hair like this. Will someone comment on how I look? Will everyone pretend I don't exist? Will someone laugh at my answers? Will I get a worse result than someone else?

And when all these things have been happening, I haven't been smiling. I've been frowning, crying, and generally worrying. And I hate that.

So I guess my point of this post is this: Smile more.

Don't worry so much about the little things, because they really won't matter in a few years time. And worrying about them literally does nothing apart from making you feel worse. If you can change it, change it. If you can't, let it go. Don't hold on to it.

Imagine looking at your life from someone else's point of view. Would they envy you or pity you? And to be honest, it shouldn't matter either way, as long as you're happy with the life that you have.

So, once again, smile more, make yourself happy. You won't regret it.

Thank you for reading.

Comment below what makes you smile.

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. What a lovely, inspiring post! This really made me smile- thankyou!

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're welcome! Thanks for the comment xx

      Delete
  2. This post reflects exactly the vibe I have tried to give out on my blog!

    Last year I entitled a post: "Smile and the world will smile with you.." which touches on similar themes. Wold love your views on that and other posts!

    Keep smiling sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely look at your post! Thank you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'