My Favourite Disney Songs! | Part 2


Hey Guys x

I did a post called 'My Favourite Disney Songs' back in the beginning of July, which you can view here!

In that post, I said I was going to do a part two so that I could add more to the list. I then completely forgot about it!

But I've been wanting to do a Disney post for a while, so I decided that I'd finally add more to the list!

I'm going to get straight into this because otherwise we'll be here forever!

I'll also link all of the songs with their videos on YouTube so that you can see/hear them too!

Strangers Like Me - Tarzan


I re-watched Tarzan the other day and I am still completely obsessed. This song in particular is just so beautiful, and I think it really adds a lot to the story. The fact that he's seen people for the first time really makes me feel sympathetic for him, as he kind of doesn't know who he is, and this song really reflects that. I also think it's just really nice to listen to. I listen to it all the time!

I See The Light - Tangled


I have to admit, listening to this song really makes me think of Carrie Hope Fletcher and her boyfriend Pete, who covered this a while ago. I am a lover of romance and this song has romance literally written all over it! I love the way that you see their relationship develop and this song really helps to do that, just because of the lyrics, they're so simple and yet so beautiful!

I Just Can't Wait To Be King - The Lion King


I also re-watched this the other day. I hadn't seen it in a while, but this is a song that always stood out to me. Mainly because it reminds me of all children! In the past, we've all said something along the lines of 'I can't wait to get older', and now we're there, we're kind of indifferent. I for one am looking forward to the future. But when I was 14, I was so excited to be the age I am now. And now that I'm 18, I really have no idea what all the fuss is about!

Almost There - The Princess and the Frog


I have to admit, I'm not a fan of this movie at all. I just don't think it was that interesting and I am in absolutely no rush to see it again! However, when I heard this song, I completely loved it. I think it was to do with the line 'Look out boys, I'm coming through', where she's basically saying that being a girl isn't going to hold her back from doing anything that she wants to do, which I love and absolutely believe!

I'll Try - Return To Neverland


This is one Disney song that makes me cry! The memories of watching it in my childhood and the song's sentiment are really powerful. I know that this movie is less watched as it's a sequel, so the song is basically about a girl called Jane who is trying to make herself believe in Faries so that she can save Tinkerbell. It's so lovely, you really need to listen to it if you haven't!

You've Got A Friend In Me - Toy Story


The Toy Story Movies never fail to make me cry. I haven't seen the first one in years, but I watched the second and third back to back about two weeks ago and by the end I was near/in tears. This song is a key theme of all three of the movies and it means so much! I think friendship is really important and this song really portrays that!

When She Loved Me - Toy Story 2


Another from a Toy Story film! This song also makes me want to cry, because it's just so sad, especially if you get the context from watching the whole movie. It kind of makes me feel guilty a bit too, because obviously when you grow up, you forget about all of your childhood toys. Then when you find them again, you don't really want them so you give them to charity. But this song just kind of makes you think about all the toys that you've discarded.

Hakuna Matata - The Lion King


This is another from 'The Lion King' that I absolutely love! My favourite line is 'It means no worries, for the rest of your days' because once in a while, we all need to forget about our worries and just live in the present, especially me! So this song is a really nice reminder!

Friend Like Me - Aladdin


This is the last one I promise! I've been writing for almost an hour. Anyway, I couldn't write this post without mentioning this song. I have always loved this song, always. However, the lyrics have meant a lot more to me since Robin Williams died. It was just such a shock and reinforced the fact that you really don't know the people that you idolise. Even the happiest people on the outside can be the saddest on the inside, and that really hit home for me.

Anyway, I have to stop myself before I name all the songs that Disney has ever created!

Thank you for reading

Comment below what your favourite Disney song is!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. i love all of these songs as i am a huge disney fan! great post as usual!
    ~basicallychloe xx
    Don't forget to smile!
    www.basicallychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love all these songs! Thanks for taking me back to my child hood. :')

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. To say now, mine would be 'Almost there" too. May you take, and view your posts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I See The Light and Almost There are some of my absolute favs! They are catchy, heartfelt, and so fun to listen to <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these songs, although i've never watched The Princess and the frog... i think i need to! Great Post

    Just Another Girl xxx
    http://heyjustanothergirlonline.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List