Jurassic World | Film Review



Hey Guys x

First of all, I'm posting on a Wednesday, which I haven't done in ages!

I don't know if I'm going to be posting every Wednesday like I did before but I wanted to post this week!

So, on Sunday I went to see Jurassic World.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I'm not the biggest fan of the original Jurassic Park movies - not that I don't like them, but I've always been more interested in different types of movies.

But my mind was completely changed after seeing this!

It is about a woman called Claire, who is the operations manager of the Jurassic World theme park. She has invited her two nephews (Zach and Gray) to visit the park and stay with her for a few days. While working, she comes into contact with Owen, a Velociraptor expert and trainer, and tells him about the newest dinosaur in the park. This dinosaur has been genetically mutated to scare the children at the park. However, messing with nature always has consequences, and before anyone knows it, this GM dinosaur is uncontrollable. Can Claire and Owen stop it before it's too late?

Trust me, my description does not do the film justice!

Trust me when I say that this is an amazing film. Without a doubt the best film I've seen this year!

What I liked the most about this film was that it had the right amount of everything. It was part horror movie, part thriller, part comedy, part rom-com, part drama, and all of these elements played a big part in bringing the film together and making it what it was. Because of this, it wasn't just a 'dinosaur movie', it had a lot of hidden depths which made for excellent viewing.

But, more than that, it was the characters that made the film incredible.

First of all, Bryce Dallas Howard, who plays Claire, is incredible. I've liked her since she played Victoria in the Twilight Saga 'Eclipse'. I thought she was great in that, but in this film, she completely out-did herself. Her character was great because she changed from someone who would was a bit career-obsessed and selfish, to running all over the place in heels to look after everyone but herself. But the change was so subtle that you didn't really notice, which I liked because it was really realistic.

However, for me, Chris Pratt, who played Owen, was the one who stole the show (film) for me. I had known slightly who he was before, but I was never really attracted to him. Anyway, I knew that he was in the MARVEL cinematic universe (playing Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy) so I was expecting good things from him. However, I did not expect him to be so amazing in the film! I had never seen him act in anything before, and this was a great first movie to see him in because he was incredible! His character was just so cool and sweet, and it really made the film great! (Not to mention he's ridiculously hot!)

I honestly can't think of anything about the film that I would change because everything just went se well together, and was a great way to continue the Jurassic Park trilogy. In fact, I actually think it was better than the first films!

Overall, I really think that you should all go and see this film before it leaves cinemas because it's a great film! Even if you're not into dinosaurs, it's still an amazing watch!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below the last film you saw in the cinema!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing I was thinking about seeing the movie and now I definitely want to it sounds so good!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have been wanting to see it and now I want to see it even more! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to take my dad to see this it sounds brilliant :) I've taged you to do the love/hate tag , you can find the details here :

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/lovehate-tag.html

    I didn't do it completely right though so I'd check out the girls who tagged me as well aha they seemed to know the rules better :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. =) http://bookscoffeeandcake.blogspot.com/2015/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also loved the movie, it was my favorite one from this month! I agree Chris did a great job in the film & agree in the rest ;)

    Mafer, Concientizando x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really great review of the movie, I want to see it even more now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'