Carrie Moments

KEEP CALM AND FORGET THE  CARRIE MOMENTS Poster

This is something that I have wanted to talk about for a long time, but I haven't known how to explain it well, so I've decided that I'm just going to go for it!

Do ever get those times when you remember something from the past that was embarrassing or made you feel anxious, and by this random memory popping into your head at a random time, you feel the embarrassment or anxiety about the situation all over again? This is me at least 10 times a week.

I hate these moments because, having anxiety anyway on a regular basis is bad enough, but embarrassment is something that I can't handle. I hate feeling embarrassed and can never deal with it well, it is the worst emotion that I can feel.

I call these moments 'Carrie Moments'. This is because Carrie Hope Fletcher was the first person who I could identify with about this. She made a video and spoke about her reminiscing about all the embarrassing and silly things that she had done over the years, and she was the first person that I watched and thought 'OMG, this is what happens to me!'. I named these moments after her to remind me that I'm not the only person that has these moments.

I don't know how you guys, or Carrie for that matter, deals with these moments, and my method is so personalised that I doubt it could work for anyone but me, but I'll tell you what I do anyway, in case it does work.

To get rid of these moments (and this is going to sound incredibly weird and crazy) but I say the words to the Frozen song 'Let It Go' in my head and imagine the music video in my head. This is because, if you haven't seen the video, it is an animated video of Queen Elsa walking up a snowy mountain. The snow and the words have a sort of calming effect on me.

I think of the words to 'Let It Go' because I just want to let these moments go and never think of them again, and this really does work for me. I don't know if that's just because it gives my mind a distraction, but it really helps me to forget these moments.

I like writing posts like this because, although this may not seem like a big thing to you, it makes me feel really anxious, and I like to talk with you guys on a personal level. If something makes me anxious, I'll share it with you, as a lot of you have told me that you too suffer with some form of anxiety.

If you have any other tips about letting the Carrie Moments go, feel free to leave a comment. Even if your suggestion doesn't work for me, it could work for someone else reading the comments, which would be amazing!

Thank you for reading.

Comment below whether or not you have 'Carrie Moments'

Comments

  1. That's such a good tip! I too suffer from these awful moments but I reckon that will help loads!
    Great post as usual, lovely.
    Hattie
    hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that this does work for you! Thank you xx

      Delete
  2. Haha Carrie moments is a lovely way of putting it! I agree with 'let it go' although it's easier to say than do! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so hard to actually do it! xx

      Delete
    2. I'm so happy you're still blogging! :D

      I have so many daft carrie moments, that I have got to let go of I'll try singing let it go next time! Xx

      Delete
    3. Aw, thank you so much! Definitely try it, it works for me so hopefully it can work for you too xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Relatable Resting Bitch Face Problems! - Okay Christina | Guest Week