Making The Most Of School

 
Of course most of us hate school. That's not only completely natural, but I think it's kind of expected.
 
When I say 'make the most of school' I don't mean to accept things like bullying, because that is a total separate issue that I have done a post about (here) a few months ago and I may be doing another one. But in this post, I'm going to talk about some things to get you through school.
 
Preview
 
This is something that Marcus Butler said in his latest vlog (here) and it is something that really struck a chord with me. At school, you have all your friends in one place. Personally, it is hard to have days out with the friends that don't go to my college, and it's going to be even harder when me and all of my friends go to university next year. Some of us are staying in London while others of us are going all over the UK! So it's going to be really nice to have this last year where we spend every day together.
 
Preview
 
Don't get me wrong, in no way at all am I saying that GCSE and A-level exams are not important, because they really are if you're determined to stay within the education system when you leave college. But putting pressure on yourself will only make you feel worse about how your exams are going and may even cause you to fail some of them. If you revise as hard as you can, while still going out, seeing friends and using the internet, don't put too much pressure on yourself!
 
Preview
 
I was told the other day that an emotion only lasts, at most, 15 seconds. After that, it's just your mind replaying the memory that caused the emotion in the first place. Of course we may hate to go to school every day, and I'm included in this. I even hate going to college. And that isn't about the exams of the workload or the teachers (maybe a little). But it's the stress and anxiety surrounded by being judged by my peers that makes me hate it, and I'm sure that this is the same for a lot of you. But these feelings won't last forever, believe me.
 
So that's just a few of my thoughts about school. This is completely one-sided and I have deliberately not spoken about the bad points of school. This is because, as it's September 1st today, many people are going back to school (including me tomorrow!) and writing a post about the negative parts of school will make you guys who are scared feel even worse about having to go back.
 
It's ok to hate school. But appreciate the little things that you get from school. Because sooner or later, they're going to be gone. And I'm not saying that you'll miss school, because some of you won't and I don't think I will. But think about what you get from school now, because it will soon be gone.
 
(I also know that some of you reading may not be of school/college age or you may not go, so thank you for reading this post anyway!)
 
Thank you all for reading.
 
Comment below what the best part of school is (Let's stay positive!).

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List