Cooking With Lou: Fried Chicken!

Another chicken recipe!

I have been asked a lot to do some more recipe posts, which I love doing. So I thought, as I was going to be cooking anyway, I would give you the recipe for something that I love to make. Fried chicken!

I always make it myself and never have it from fast food restaurants. This is because all fast food restaurants that I have been to make their fried chicken with milk. I'm allergic to milk (although from my cookies recipe you can see that this doesn't affect me all the time!) so I find it much healthier for me to cook it myself.

The ingredients:
Chicken
Start your chicken by soaking it in saltwater for a few minutes.
I used thighs and drumsticks but you can use any pieces.

Seasonings


This is just a mixture of any chicken seasonings that you want to use.

Coating


This is what the chicken will be coated with. This is just a mixture of the two things above, but you can always find a substitute. If I don't use this, I just mix the leftover seasonings with flour, so you could try that.

An egg

This is used so that the coating sticks to the chicken.

Vegetable oil (Which you'll have to use quite a lot of! As you can see, I finished mine)

Method

Preheat the oven, but keep it at about 100 degrees. Also pour most of your oil into a big pan and put it on a low heat.

 
While the Oven is preheating and the oil is heating up, the chicken should still be soaking in the saltwater. Pour out the water and season using the mix of seasonings. Pour in the seasoning and them use your hands to make sure that all of the chicken it covered.


 
When the chicken is seasoned, put the coating and egg in separate bowls. Cover each piece of chicken in the egg and then in the coating.

 
When this is done, put the chicken in the pan with the oil. It should bubble up, as shown below. Leave if for about 10-12 minutes.


 
When it looks like the picture below, take it out of the oil and put it in the oven to bake. Not only does this keep it warm, but it allows the meat to be properly cooked, just to make sure.





 
At this point, you can make whatever you're going to have with the chicken. I decided to go with chips, just because they're easy. I used a deep fat fryer to make them, but if you don't have one then you can just use the oven.

Leave the chicken in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. If you're using a fryer, take the chicken out when the chips are done.
 
 
And this is the finished product. Let me just say, they were delicious!

They were easier to make and definitely healthier than having them at a fast food restaurant.

Thank you for reading.

Also thanks to my dad for helping with the cooking, letting me borrow his deep fat fryer and his camera! (A Canon PC1680 7.4V)

Make this chicken, then comment below and tell me how it tastes!
If you make it, send pictures to me on twitter: @Louleecutie

Comments

  1. Wow this looks really yummy! I didn't know you could make these at home! I'll be trying these out soon! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'