Calling Yourself A Blogger

 
As a few of you will know, last week I hit a blogging milestone when I published my 100th post! You can see that post here.
 
To celebrate hitting this, I changed my bio on my twitter account, and I called myself a blogger.
I'm not going to lie, this scared the hell out of me! I have never before called myself a blogger. Of course I have seen people call themselves bloggers, blogging friends and other people. But before I started blogging, I thought that you could only call yourself a blogger if you got paid for your blog, which I don't as of now.
 
I think that there are certain things that you have to do to be able to do before you call yourself a blogger. And this isn't me saying that I think I deserve to be called a blogger, I just thought it was interesting, and would make an interesting topic.
 
I think that to call yourself a blogger, you should post regularly.
Of course, if you're busy or whatever, I'm not saying you should force yourself to post, but studies show that people are more likely to keep returning to your blog if they are reassured that each time they come, they will  have a new post to read. This is dedication. To have people dedicated to your blog, you need to be dedicated to it.
 
You should enjoy blogging.
I can't express this enough. If you don't enjoy blogging, then there's no point doing it. Life's too short to waste time with something that you don't like. And by reading your post, people can tell whether or not you enjoy writing your blog, whether you have one follower or thousands.
 
You should interact with other bloggers.
I love commenting on other blog posts. I know how much each comment means to me, so I love the chance to give that feeling to someone else, and I also like talking to the people that I consider 'blogging friends' because people who blog understand all the little problems that you may be having with your blog.
 
You should believe that you're a blogger.
This sounds silly, but if you love your blog and write to your hearts content, you are the only thing stopping you from calling yourself a blogger. Forget about whether or not you get paid, or whether you only have 3 followers. If you think you're a blogger, then call yourself a blogger. With all the hard work that you put into your blog, you certainly deserve it!
 
So my point is, I want everyone reading to be able to call themselves a blogger. If you have a twitter account, put 'blogger' in your bio. If you don't, then just have the blogger mind-set. Trust me when I say that it feels really good to call myself a blogger, and it will feel good for you too!
 
Thank you for reading.
 
Comment below whether or not you consider yourself a blogger!

Comments

  1. Lovely post chum! I agree with all your points especially about posting regularly! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes