The Pianist | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

This was another first-time watch.

This film was one of the more intimidating ones on the list. I knew it won a few Oscars and was really highly revered, but it had always seemed like it would be quite an intense watch, so it wasn't something I was particularly looking forward to.

So because of that, the film ended up surprising me!

I can't say it was enjoyable, as a film with these themes can't really be described that way, but I engaged with it a lot more than I thought I would.

I thought the film was great.

It was a really hard watch, as you'd expect. It's set during WWII and there are a lot of scenes that are upsetting. In other words, it's not the kind of thing you'd watch if you're looking to have fun.

But that being said, I'm really really glad it was on the Bucket List, and that I've now seen it. It's a really important film and feels truly authentic.

The acting was amazing, as was the writing. It's engaging and interesting, and it was a lot easier to get into than I expected.

This is one that is definitely on the list for a reason. And as hard as it is to watch, it's definitely worth watching.



Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review