Winnie-The-Pooh: Blood and Honey 2 | Film Review

 

As Christopher Robin (Scott Chambers) tries to deal with the events of the first film, Winnie-the-Pooh (Ryan Oliva), Piglet (Eddie MacKenzie), Owl (Marcus Massey) and Tigger (Lewis Santer) bring their rage to the town of Ashdown.

I reviewed the first movie HERE, and while I only gave it 3 stars, I didn't hate it as much as the general population. So when I heard that the second was a lot better than the first, I was really excited to see it!

And yes, this one is a lot better than the first!

For a start, my major issue with the first was that Christopher Robin was not the main character and the audience didn't get to follow his story.

This was completely rectified in this film. Christopher Robin was the main character, we followed the entire film from his point of view and really got to know him as a character.

Because of this, the story is a lot better. We can actually understand what's happening!

However, in saying that, I still didn't care about the characters as much as I wanted to. 

The death scenes aren't particularly unique or inventive, but they're still very entertaining to watch.

I thought the explanation behind the killings was a bit odd. I liked how creative and imaginative it was, but I also kind of wanted the masked killers to be exactly that - mysterious and evil with no explanation needed.

Overall, while this movie wasn't great, it was a lot better than the first. I've done some research to see what else is being worked on in this series (because there will be a series) and I'm very excited for the rest of the Twisted Childhood Universe!

5/10


Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review