Rocky | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

Next up for the Bucket List was Rocky!

I was really excited to watch this one again.

I've been a Creed fan since the first film came out, and I'm a fan of boxing movies in general. 

About two years ago, I decided to watch all the Rocky movies back to back over a few days, and I completely fell in love with the franchise. So when I saw that this was on the list I was really excited about it!

I love Rocky as a character. He was one of my absolute favourite parts of the first two Creed films, so seeing his origin was always going to be interesting.

I think my favourite thing about the movie, which also happened to be my favourite thing about 'The Terminator', is that underneath the main plot, there's a really sweet love story.

Because Rocky's relationship with Adrian defines him almost as much as boxing does, so to see where that all began was really lovely.

There's a great story behind the film in the way Sylvester Stallone wrote it and was able to get it made. Both in front of the camera and behind the scenes it's a true, authentic underdog story.

This was also my first time watching the film, or any Rocky/Creed movie since Carl Weathers passed away, so there was definitely a bittersweet weight to it that hadn't been there before.

I never expected this film to be on the Bucket List, but I love that it was and would definitely recommend it to anyone. The whole franchise is definitely one to watch!



Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review