The Grand Budapest Hotel | 100 Movies Bucket List

Next up was another first-time watch!

This wasn't really one I was looking forward to, to be honest. 

I've heard of it, and knew vaguely what it was about, but I never have much luck with Wes Anderson movies. For whatever reason, they don't seem to connect with me, so I was a bit apprehensive about going into this one. Especially because the premise didn't grab me.

And unfortunately, as I'd expected, I didn't really gel with the film. Though I'll definitely say that I liked it more than I thought I was going to, just not enough to be able to say that I enjoyed it as a whole.

For a start, there's a lot of humour in the film that is genuinely funny. Because of this, even when I wasn't loving the story, I was still able to have fun with it.

There were also so many recognisable actors in it! Just when you think the cast list is done, another amazing actor jumps in. It was really fun seeing great actors join this world, and getting to know their characters.

But other than that, this one wasn't really for me. I didn't really like the story, or many of the characters. And while I get why it's a beloved film (as are most of Anderson's movies), it's probably not one that I would watch again.

Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review